U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-28-2014, 09:25 AM
 
10,148 posts, read 13,268,715 times
Reputation: 1782

Advertisements

The face of Morgantown and the WVU Campuses continue to change at a rapid pace with major construction projects moving along on schedule...

Construction | Home | West Virginia University

http://construction.wvu.edu/projects/university-place

http://uplace.wvu.edu/

Last edited by CTMountaineer; 05-28-2014 at 09:37 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-28-2014, 03:30 PM
 
7 posts, read 5,742 times
Reputation: 13
It's crazy how much is going on right now, with more on the way in the coming months.

I drove by the stadium and around campus yesterday and there's construction at the hospital, University Park, Evansdale Crossing, the Agricultural Sciences building, the Law School looks finished, University Place, College Park, etc. Traffic rerouting is prominent.

I should know this, but what is going in across from Suncrest Town Centre? Also, what is going in across from the Sheetz behind the hospital?

The stadium and football facilities construction will start soon and add to all the amazing progress around town. I did notice when looking up at the press box that the AD suites renovation seemed to be well underway(top floor and on the left/south end). There looked to be utility markers near the site for the new team room.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 04:49 PM
 
10,148 posts, read 13,268,715 times
Reputation: 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersh_WVU View Post
It's crazy how much is going on right now, with more on the way in the coming months.

I drove by the stadium and around campus yesterday and there's construction at the hospital, University Park, Evansdale Crossing, the Agricultural Sciences building, the Law School looks finished, University Place, College Park, etc. Traffic rerouting is prominent.

I should know this, but what is going in across from Suncrest Town Centre? Also, what is going in across from the Sheetz behind the hospital?

The stadium and football facilities construction will start soon and add to all the amazing progress around town. I did notice when looking up at the press box that the AD suites renovation seemed to be well underway(top floor and on the left/south end). There looked to be utility markers near the site for the new team room.
Not to mention the new baseball stadium. It truly is amazing. I am not certain of this, but I believe the developer of the condos across from Suncrest Town Centre is building more of them. I think sales are brisk there due to hospital expansion and many new jobs there. Also, behind Mon General Hospital they are building new medical office buildings and there is a new hotel being built in that area too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 05:49 PM
 
7 posts, read 5,742 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Not to mention the new baseball stadium. It truly is amazing. I am not certain of this, but I believe the developer of the condos across from Suncrest Town Centre is building more of them. I think sales are brisk there due to hospital expansion and many new jobs there. Also, behind Mon General Hospital they are building new medical office buildings and there is a new hotel being built in that area too.
Thanks.

I assume that hotel is the Holiday Inn Express that was rumored or am I thinking of something else? The one in Bridgeport near the new UHC hospital turned out nicely. I have some friends that stay there on game weekends sometimes. Speaking of which, they're pretty far along with a new Courtyard by Marriott and another hotel at the White Oak Business Park there. So, more quality lodging. When I was at WVU in the 90's we didn't have many choices at all. Good to see.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 09:48 PM
 
10,148 posts, read 13,268,715 times
Reputation: 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersh_WVU View Post
Thanks.

I assume that hotel is the Holiday Inn Express that was rumored or am I thinking of something else? The one in Bridgeport near the new UHC hospital turned out nicely. I have some friends that stay there on game weekends sometimes. Speaking of which, they're pretty far along with a new Courtyard by Marriott and another hotel at the White Oak Business Park there. So, more quality lodging. When I was at WVU in the 90's we didn't have many choices at all. Good to see.
The past 20 years have witnessed incredible growth here in Morgantown... the city, The University, the healthcare system, Mylan Pharma, research endeavors ... all of these areas have grown exponentially and keep growing. Within 30 miles of High Street are over 5,000 hotel rooms and the number is increasing every year. Likewise, nightlife in our city is outstanding and keeps getting better.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2014, 07:27 PM
 
191 posts, read 273,944 times
Reputation: 68
Very very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
The past 20 years have witnessed incredible growth here in Morgantown... the city, The University, the healthcare system, Mylan Pharma, research endeavors ... all of these areas have grown exponentially and keep growing. Within 30 miles of High Street are over 5,000 hotel rooms and the number is increasing every year. Likewise, nightlife in our city is outstanding and keeps getting better.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2014, 11:33 PM
 
10,148 posts, read 13,268,715 times
Reputation: 1782
Here Alumni Association President Steve Douglas talks about developments on campus...

A minute around campus - YouTube
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top