U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 11:07 AM

235 posts, read 271,285 times

Advertisements

Wow. How f*cking stupid. Great job....how do we get the clowns that voted against it out of office? Seriously....other stuff they just do whatever they want but this because their buddy doesn't want it....f*ck this place.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 11:38 AM

10,148 posts, read 13,285,897 times
The only way we are going to get real change is for people to start paying attention and vote out the bozos who appoint the boards that constantly favor the status quo. They even run for office on a protectionist platform, but people don't realize that actually means pro slum lord and anti progress. These guys also take monies from the city's good fortunes tax receipts and spend them on lavish pay raises for their city worker pals rather than making real changes for the city's citizens.

I am sorry to say my wife and I supported the Morgantown Forward slate, or whatever it was called, in hopes that it would bring about positive change but they are even worse than the last group and they fired or forced out a forward thinking city manager and appointed an old guard henchman who had been hanging around for decades.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:57 AM

334 posts, read 437,467 times
Here's the link to the story.

Morgantown Planning Commission Makes Decision on Apartment Compl - WBOY.com: Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

This one quote is rich:

"There's two historical homes that are over a hundred and twenty five years old across the street. It really gives an attractive entrance to Morgantown. I think that high density building will change everything there" said Morgantown citizen, Meredith Kiger.

What a crock of *****. Register it in the historial places if its soooooooooo historic. Biafora lined some bills in these people's pockets. Morgantown is shady. It's gonna get worse.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:02 PM

10,148 posts, read 13,285,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abwvu1 View Post
Here's the link to the story.

Morgantown Planning Commission Makes Decision on Apartment Compl - WBOY.com: Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

This one quote is rich:

"There's two historical homes that are over a hundred and twenty five years old across the street. It really gives an attractive entrance to Morgantown. I think that high density building will change everything there" said Morgantown citizen, Meredith Kiger.

What a crock of *****. Register it in the historial places if its soooooooooo historic. Biafora lined some bills in these people's pockets. Morgantown is shady. It's gonna get worse.
It will only get better regardless of what those idiots do, but for it to reach maximum potential and be the showplace it rightfully could be we need to get the people out of office who support this nonsense.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:37 PM

664 posts, read 927,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post

I am sorry to say my wife and I supported the Morgantown Forward slate, or whatever it was called, in hopes that it would bring about positive change but they are even worse than the last group and they fired or forced out a forward thinking city manager and appointed an old guard henchman who had been hanging around for decades.
Sorry to refute this, but it was the old group at city council that forced the city manager out. They old conservatives were apparently verbally abusive of Terrance Moore (perhaps a subtle racism). Morgantown Together was formed as a direct action in response to the actions of the old council (a council that had chosen to grind its axes against the new City Manager rather than move forward).

Old 06-13-2014, 02:37 PM

I'm not being funny/smart. How do we get these guys out? Seriously. Like do we have to start a campaign against them?

I wasn't able to attend the meeting last night but can anyone highlight who voted for/against?

Bill Kawecki Council Representative (term exp. 06/30/15)
Sam Loretta First Ward (term exp. 12/31/14)
Tim Stranko Second Ward (term exp. 12/31/14)
William Blosser Third Ward (term exp. 12/31/15)
William Petros Fourth Ward (term exp. 12/31/15)
Mike Shuman Fifth Ward (term exp. 12/31/13)
Peter DeMasters, Chair Sixth Ward (term exp. 12/31/13)
Carol Pyles Seventh Ward (term exp. 12/31/15)

$250,000 in tax revenue, a ton of jobs..not to mention the increased foot traffic it would bring to downtown...and these clowns are worried about nonsensical effect on some houses????

Old 06-13-2014, 02:43 PM

The vote was 5-3, with Tim Stranko, William Blosser and Bill Petros voting in the minority. Sam Loretta, Michael Shuman, Carol Pyles, Ken Martis and Peter DeMasters voted against the development.
Bill Kawecki was not present.

So Kawecki decides not to show up...and two of the lame duck guys voted against it. Man...wtf. Seriously...I'm going to do everything I can to get these bums out of here.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:01 PM

334 posts, read 437,467 times
I'm guessing Kawecki did not show up because he knew firsthand this wasn't going to pass. It's hard to say whether Kawecki was in support of it or not. He is a part of "Morgantown Together" so take that what you will.

It all comes down to Biafora thumping his chest thinking he can run this town anyway he damn well please.

Its gonna take more than us progressives to make a difference for the better.

I mean its seriously silly that upperclass WVU students have to live OUTSIDE the city limits JUST to go class. Ludicrous.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abwvu1 View Post
I'm guessing Kawecki did not show up because he knew firsthand this wasn't going to pass. It's hard to say whether Kawecki was in support of it or not. He is a part of "Morgantown Together" so take that what you will.

It all comes down to Biafora thumping his chest thinking he can run this town anyway he damn well please.

Its gonna take more than us progressives to make a difference for the better.

I mean its seriously silly that upperclass WVU students have to live OUTSIDE the city limits JUST to go class. Ludicrous.
Then he is a coward for not showing up - at least the others had the balls to show up.

BUT THERE'S NOT ENOUGH PARKING SPOTS!!! What the f*ck ever. Well, I know it will take more of us but guess what, I will make sure to vote against them and get all of my friends to vote against them (and anyone of similar mindset).

At LEAST a quarter of a million dollars in tax revenue and tons of jobs....instead these stupid morons vote because of parking concerns that aren't true and some "houses" that may not look...pretty. Man..that's some forward f*cking thing there. I'm sorry I'm cursing...and I've been quiet about it...but this is ridiculous. If the devil wanted to build that same design it would have been approved. That's just utter bullsh*t.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
The only way we are going to get real change is for people to start paying attention and vote out the bozos who appoint the boards that constantly favor the status quo. They even run for office on a protectionist platform, but people don't realize that actually means pro slum lord and anti progress. These guys also take monies from the city's good fortunes tax receipts and spend them on lavish pay raises for their city worker pals rather than making real changes for the city's citizens.

In-freakin'-deed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown