Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2014, 05:29 PM

1 posts, read 901 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! My hubby and I are planning on moving to Bridgeport to be closer to his job. We currently live in Northeast PA and can't wait for a change! I was just wondering if Bridgeport was a good area for us. I am 29 and my husband is 32 and we like to be outdoors. We are HUGE fans of campfires and fourwheeling. I have recently graduated college as a Medical Lab Tech and would like to know what hospitals are good in that area. I also have a Rottweiler who is our little baby, so if there is a good dog park in the area then that would be awesome. My husband actually works in Clarksburg so anywhere within a 30 minute drive would be ideal. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 05:28 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times
Bridgeport does have a dog park. They have a Facebook page, so you can talk to them there.

As far a camping, there are plenty of campgrounds in the area, including (but not limited to) wonderful camping opportunities at Coopers Rock State Forest in the Allegheny Range a few miles east of Morgantown, Chestnut Ridge Park, also in the same area. and Ohiopyle State Park in nearby PA.

I don't know much about the 4 wheeling aspect. I know people do it here, but I think for the most part in this region it is done on private land with the landowner's permission. We are big into hiking/biking trails around here. There are miles and miles of those. For the really big 4 wheeling places you can drive to southern West Virginia where they have the Hatfield - McCoy trail which is for four wheelers and covers a very large area. From Bridgeport, to get to that area would be about a 3 hour drive.

As far as places to live within about a half hour's drive you could basically live any place between Morgantown and 35 miles south or east of Bridgeport. Actually, you couldn't go wrong with Bridgeport itself. It is a very nice town. Real estate is available in our region for just about any price category.

We have three good 4 year colleges you could actually commute to within that area... Salem International near Clarksburg, Fairmont State, and West Virginia University. There is also a 2 year community and technical college at Fairmont, which is just up the road from Bridgeport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown