U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2014, 12:08 AM

10,148 posts, read 13,268,715 times

Advertisements

Van Voorhis will see new sidewalks and drainage improvements according to plans released by the WV Division of Highways...

TheDPost.com - Sidewalk, other works planned for Van Voorhis
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 06:17 AM

334 posts, read 436,913 times
I, for one, am glad to see that. No way in heck would I walk along 705 to get to the Suncrest Towne Center. Hopefully when the sidewalks are complete they will lower the speed limit.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:36 AM

I was also told by a local DOH official that new street lighting will be installed on Patteson Drive/705 between the CAC and Kroger's next year.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:27 AM

334 posts, read 436,913 times
very good to hear CT!

Old 08-12-2014, 09:40 AM

483 posts, read 486,893 times
while on the subject of improvements... has West Run been touched this year? I thought it was on the docket to be repaired, or at least the East side of it this summer. Of course, that was pretty much the case for the last 2 summers as well. The county needs to address it as it is beats up vehicles not to mention a big safety hazard with all the vehicles that use it.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EerWax View Post
while on the subject of improvements... has West Run been touched this year? I thought it was on the docket to be repaired, or at least the East side of it this summer. Of course, that was pretty much the case for the last 2 summers as well. The county needs to address it as it is beats up vehicles not to mention a big safety hazard with all the vehicles that use it.
The county has earmarked some funds to try to make up for state shortcomings, but it isn't nearly enough. We have a great state senator who is doing what he can about the situation, but state government is so messed up in its priorities it is like pulling teeth. I have to believe it will get done though. Things have to be prioritized, and that starts from the most heavily traveled roads and goes downward. Mileground is going to take precidence over just about anything in the near future, in my opinion, along with Van Voorhis.

One thing to keep in mind here. Many of the state's priorities are established based on road traffic on a particular roadway. One thing I have noticed is that the state sets the counters out on Mon County roads always during periods of time when traffic is lower than any other times... the mid summer months. Our traffic load is substantially higher 10 months out of the year than it is the other 2 months, but they are always doing their counts during those two months. The students are coming back next weekend, so if anybody is noticing there is a big push on to get the counts done now before that happens. This week, state government has counters out all over the place when it would be far more accurate and relevant to put them out next week instead. This has been going on seemingly forever, and our real traffic counts get lowballed as a result. They are still very high by state standards, but they are much lower than the reality enabling them to shift more funding to other locales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown