Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2018, 03:59 AM

5 posts, read 4,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Is exit 7 pierpont? If so they are supposed to be evaluating what needs to be done to the bridge, I heard at a minimum a whole new deck and maybe new bridge if it is deemed necessary.
That metal seam (right lane, where they were working) was so loose it was moving every time a car drove over it. If you were sitting in the turn lane (to go 68 W/79) you could see the metal move and hear the ba-ba-boom with every passing vehicle.
Not to mention traveling the other direction on that bridge - the 2 seams that have buckled upwards so much they are like speed bumps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 07:51 AM

491 posts, read 610,239 times
The model homes are being moved around on the Mileground. Must be getting closer to breaking ground.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:53 AM

Did the Jerry West/Mon Blvd project stall out or something?

Old 12-12-2018, 02:04 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,041,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EerWax View Post
You might be forgetting that you are talking about our state government, which has all the integrity of Bernie Madoff and the competence of Alfred E. Newmann. They intentionally underestimated the costs for doing our work, and when the bids came in over their "estimates", they used that as an excuse to simply not do the work and shift the money elsewhere. It is worse than pulling teeth to get them to actually do anything.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:31 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,526 times
Quote:
I bet it got to cold to continue (who didn’t see that coming) just like the Van Voorhis project last year/this year.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:22 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,526 times
Quote:
I bet it got to cold to continue (who didn’t see that coming) just like the Van Voorhis project last year/this year.
Looks like it might have been the temperature after all, Mon Blvd/Jerry West/whatever is down to one lane each way and there are a bunch of construction workers around and the construction on 79 has started again.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Looks like it might have been the temperature after all, Mon Blvd/Jerry West/whatever is down to one lane each way and there are a bunch of construction workers around and the construction on 79 has started again.
That why you don't freaking wait until July/August to start 6 month long projects...... any paving done in this weather will have a shorter lifespan and be rough/lumpy.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:12 AM

120 posts, read 151,511 times
Quote:
That why you don't freaking wait until July/August to start 6 month long projects...... any paving done in this weather will have a shorter lifespan and be rough/lumpy.
All of the contractors in this district have had an unprecedented amount of work this past year and about 7 paving projects that were let and supposed to be completed this year have gotten pushed to next year due to this work overload. Also, they aren't allowed to pave unless a certain temperature is reached and at some point the asphalt plants will be closing for the winter.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:31 AM

202 posts, read 218,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
You might be forgetting that you are talking about our state government, which has all the integrity of Bernie Madoff and the competence of Alfred E. Newmann. They intentionally underestimated the costs for doing our work, and when the bids came in over their "estimates", they used that as an excuse to simply not do the work and shift the money elsewhere. It is worse than pulling teeth to get them to actually do anything.
This about sums it up. I'll make 2 (no so) bold predictions:

1) route 705 will never be paved
2) The mileground project will be abandoned/scaled back.

The road bond is/will be a dud but we will be stuck with increased fees to build highways to abandoned strip mines. I'll never vote for another one. I'm glad they resurfaced a bridge or two, but other than that its been too slow. Mon Country will get screwed on the roads, again.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:53 AM

33 posts, read 28,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgantown1 View Post
This about sums it up. I'll make 2 (no so) bold predictions:

1) route 705 will never be paved
2) The mileground project will be abandoned/scaled back.

The road bond is/will be a dud but we will be stuck with increased fees to build highways to abandoned strip mines. I'll never vote for another one. I'm glad they resurfaced a bridge or two, but other than that its been too slow. Mon Country will get screwed on the roads, again.
These sort of projects do not happen overnight. I'm not saying the approach is perfect and could not be done better but things are getting done, you just need to have patience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown