Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2017, 10:36 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Yesterday's was a really nice restaurant, operated by a former chef for Boston Beanery. I think there is a very competitive eatery environment here in Morgantown, and factors such as location and traffic have an increased impact on success due to that. Yesterday's was a little out of the way in the rear of that strip mall, and it is likely the change in parking situation might well have factored into their decision. I hope that guy opens a new place though, because he and his staff are really nice folks.
This is the problem combined with exorbitant overhead. Think about how many meals have to be sold just to cover 2-3K monthly rent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 02:17 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,880,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
Seems as though the Yesterday's restaurant has closed, signs are taken down and listed phone # is disconnected....just as well, place was garbage anyway
I respectfully and totally disagree on the garbage end of your statement.

My wife and I have eaten there as well as some of my colleagues while there on business.

I have ALWAYS been please with my experiences at Yesterday's and I second the hope that he can re-open in another location.

Old 07-01-2017, 04:44 PM

890 posts, read 1,052,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
I respectfully and totally disagree on the garbage end of your statement.

My wife and I have eaten there as well as some of my colleagues while there on business.

I have ALWAYS been please with my experiences at Yesterday's and I second the hope that he can re-open in another location.

well ill admit I never actually ate there, but i worked there for a week washin dishes for a second job about a yr ago, kitchen was nastier than a fast food joint....dont see how they ever passed an inspection

Old 07-01-2017, 09:19 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,226,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
well ill admit I never actually ate there, but i worked there for a week washin dishes for a second job about a yr ago, kitchen was nastier than a fast food joint....dont see how they ever passed an inspection
Seeing that the kitchen at the Ramda kept barely passing with how absolutely DISGUSTING it was, I'd venture to say they are not to strict.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:19 AM

83 posts, read 100,159 times
Default Speaking of the Ramada

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Seeing that the kitchen at the Ramda kept barely passing with how absolutely DISGUSTING it was, I'd venture to say they are not to strict.
I was speaking to someone from out of town who told me -

• That the Ramada Inn is closing?
  • The Hilton Garden Inn at Suncrest TC isn't doing well?
Has anyone else heard this?

Old 07-05-2017, 10:36 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,226,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxhaney View Post
I was speaking to someone from out of town who told me -

• That the Ramada Inn is closing?
  • The Hilton Garden Inn at Suncrest TC isn't doing well?
Has anyone else heard this?
Ramada is closed (as of last week of June). They are trying to sell the property currently. They owe over 150k in collected room taxes back to the county. Not to mention it was a run down dump that was more expensive than some of the nice Marriott's in town. Plus they had sewage issues and the place almost always smelled like sewage gas so that drove customers away.

The Hilton is poorly mismanaged and they owe some 75k+ in collected room taxes, and just declared bankruptcy last week. They are always busy but are so badly managed. Employees have gone weeks without pay. The person that owns this owned the shopping center near Charleston that had its bridge washed out. He also owns the Hilton in Clarksburg that the state came in and forced to close due to past taxes and not paying employees.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:01 AM

456 posts, read 602,139 times
the Hampton Inn in Elkins is owned by the same individual that owns the Hilton Garden in Morgantown and Clarksburg. it has filed bankruptcy also. He does bankruptcy all the time and will just put it under another family members name and screw the people owned out of money. I'm surprised Hilton would put up with this and its sad for the towns he is in and the people that work for him. he owns shopping centers in Elkins and Summersville. they aren't kept up and its beyond me why he doesn't just sell so these shopping centers and hotels can be taken care of right. I'm not sure if he still owns the shopping center in Elkwater. I wasn't sure what happened with the ownership with the bridge issue. I don't know why the state or the federal government haven't gotten involved with so many employees not being paid and that taxes are allowed to get to this point. A individual wouldn't be allowed to owe employees this long or to not pay there taxes.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:50 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,038,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
the Hampton Inn in Elkins is owned by the same individual that owns the Hilton Garden in Morgantown and Clarksburg. it has filed bankruptcy also. He does bankruptcy all the time and will just put it under another family members name and screw the people owned out of money. I'm surprised Hilton would put up with this and its sad for the towns he is in and the people that work for him. he owns shopping centers in Elkins and Summersville. they aren't kept up and its beyond me why he doesn't just sell so these shopping centers and hotels can be taken care of right. I'm not sure if he still owns the shopping center in Elkwater. I wasn't sure what happened with the ownership with the bridge issue. I don't know why the state or the federal government haven't gotten involved with so many employees not being paid and that taxes are allowed to get to this point. A individual wouldn't be allowed to owe employees this long or to not pay there taxes.
My hunch is the washed out bridge interfered so much with his cash flow that he had to cover it with money from other locations, thus jeopardizing all of his properties. Generally, such places have significant debt load.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:49 PM

456 posts, read 602,139 times
he's done this for years with multiple times at many locations. he just keeps doing it for his own profit and could care less who else it affects. i

Old 07-07-2017, 12:16 PM

255 posts, read 390,980 times
Sears Holdings has just announced another bunch of store closings, mostly K-Marts but some Sears stores. As far as I could see none of them are in WV but I would think it is only a matter of time until the Morgantown Sears shuts down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown