Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 05:00 PM

334 posts, read 495,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angiec_73 View Post
I bet they don't last long. Most people aren't going to go to the trouble of parking there to visit one shop.
I beg to differ. Let's remember that most studemts in the beechurst/sunnyside area are from NY/NJ area.

It will be a hit when the students are there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 06:43 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,866 times
The new Tesla supercharger station at the sheetz off of exit one on I-68 appears to be done and opening in the near future. All of the fencing and construction material is gone (replaced by cones) and the signs are up. There are a total of 8 chargers there now.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:11 AM

255 posts, read 391,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
The new Tesla supercharger station at the sheetz off of exit one on I-68 appears to be done and opening in the near future. All of the fencing and construction material is gone (replaced by cones) and the signs are up. There are a total of 8 chargers there now.
Fairly good location I guess. Locally, so far I have seen only one Tesla in Morgantown. That was last year I Was stopped in traffic near the Mountainlair and the car in front of me was a Tesla.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowWin View Post
Fairly good location I guess. Locally, so far I have seen only one Tesla in Morgantown. That was last year I Was stopped in traffic near the Mountainlair and the car in front of me was a Tesla.
I believe the location will be good in the long term. A location at the courtyard would have been a good option to, but cant blame them for putting it at that sheetz, easy on off of I-68 and I-79 is only a mile away and there is supposed to be some food options building around the sheetz and possibly a hotel.

I think they mainly built it for growth in fleet numbers going forward, it being an important road for getting to DC or out west and Tesla is building a nation wide infrastructure grid of chargers (hence why Weston is getting one too).

So far in town I've only seen four, but only three consistently (two of the SUV's, one white and one red and the 4 door sedan in a gray color, I think the person who owns that owns the building next to mine. I only ever see the red suv one driving through Westover in the evenings). Technically they cant even sell Tesla's in the state thanks to our stupid laws.

If nothing else, it gets the occasional tesla driver to stop and spend money here in the city and maybe gets a couple others to chose routes through our area. Apparently Tesla is building charger stations at a couple other sheetz through PA and MD, so maybe we will continue to see more of this since they seem to have a good working relationship.

Old 08-04-2017, 12:47 PM

193 posts, read 281,864 times
I stopped at the light by the arboretum one day and a tesla rolled up next to me. When the light turned green the car took off faster than any gas powered production car I ever saw. And we are talking corvettes, Porsche, GT-Rd, and Lambos. I had no clue they were than fast until I read a little more about them.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:11 AM

Morgantown’s water filtration system among ‘elite’

The Dominion Post - Morgantown

Old 08-08-2017, 10:37 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,042,956 times
Generation Morgantown works to keep young professionals here.

Generation Morgantown Hoping to Keep Young Professionals Invested in Mountain State | 1440 WAJR | The Voice of Morgantown | Morgantown, WV

Old 08-22-2017, 11:02 AM

A cafe called River Birch Cafe has moved in across from Table 9 in the Waterfront area.

https://www.facebook.com/riverbirchc...=page_internal

Old 08-22-2017, 01:47 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,042,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
A cafe called River Birch Cafe has moved in across from Table 9 in the Waterfront area.

https://www.facebook.com/riverbirchc...=page_internal
Interesting, healthy, NYC style menu. My wife will have to try it.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:28 AM

Volcano Sushi looks to be taking over the old radio shack location nest to it and will be nearly doubling in size. Anyone who has been there at lunch knows this is a very welcome development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown