Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2018, 02:53 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,042,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfclubb View Post
It’s conceivable that the Morgantown Mall will lose two more anchors in short order. A bankruptcy filing for Elder Beerman’s parent company, Bon-Ton, is imminent which may very well end in the liquidation of the entire company. Bon-Ton has lost money for the last 6 consecutive years. Everyone knows the Sears story. Eddie Lampert is desperately trying to negotiate better terms with lenders but the company continues to bleed cash.

It will be interesting to see what the MM does with the Belk space. I’m thinking they will have to re-purpose or parcel it out to smaller tenants. Maybe someone on here already knows.

I also noticed that JW Thirsty’s closed on Chestnut Street. I think it lasted about 2 years. The same guy that managed the Tilted Kilt was one of the owners. Big Whiskey used to be there before them.
I think the Thirsty's location would be a good spot for a brew pub. If Chestnut Brew Works would move in there it would give them lots more space, and if the place were fixed up properly I think it would be a go there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 08:25 AM

98 posts, read 113,300 times
Rural King may be headed Morgantown Mall , or somewhere in the Morgantown area .
The windows at the former Thirstys are covered , so something is happening . The hotel was recently sold .

Old 01-24-2018, 08:35 AM

Dinsmore Tire will open soon at the old Sunoco on the Mileground . And the new Asian fast casual eatery is about to open next to the new Starbucks on 705 . On Van V the commercial land that once had Valley Mart and currently TS Rentals ( and across the street ) was sold and look for solid renovations to the whole property very soon .

Old 01-24-2018, 08:38 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from Morgantown View Post
Rural King may be headed Morgantown Mall , or somewhere in the Morgantown area .
The windows at the former Thirstys are covered , so something is happening . The hotel was recently sold .
Rural King owns the shopping center above the Morgantown Mall, supposedly they planned at some point going in at the Kmart location.

As for your other post, the fast casual Asian place is being billed as an Asian version of chipotle, it is owned by the same people who own the new Fusion Steak House at UTC.

Old 01-24-2018, 09:07 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,042,956 times
I wonder what will happen with the empty building by the Circle K on 705/Van Voorhis where Mon General used to have some sort of apparatus sales operation? That is absolutely a prime location with tens of thousands of vehicles going past it every day.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:05 PM

Well it looks like Salad Works is indeed open at the STC . Most bizarre . So they closed less than a week and then back open .
Also , a Philly Pretzel Factory will open soon next to SUPERCUTS .

Last edited by Ron from Morgantown; 01-24-2018 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Wrong information

Old 01-24-2018, 04:33 PM

219 posts, read 247,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowWin View Post
Has anybody been to La Tapatia Market and Tacos on Greenbag Rd?
A co-worker of mine has eaten there a few times. He loves it and highly recommended it to me. The odd part about that place is that you order food inside the storefront, then a lady walks out to the food truck/trailer and makes your food outside.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:09 AM

10 posts, read 14,859 times
Apple Annie's has announced they are closing their Point Marion location and opening at Pierpont Landing off I-68 Exit 7.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:17 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlong1962 View Post
Apple Annie's has announced they are closing their Point Marion location and opening at Pierpont Landing off I-68 Exit 7.
Are they going to keep the one near green bag open then? And if I’m not mistaken, that means they are fully becoming a WV company since they were centered in PA before?

Old 01-26-2018, 05:29 AM

10 posts, read 14,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Are they going to keep the one near green bag open then? And if I’m not mistaken, that means they are fully becoming a WV company since they were centered in PA before?
Their announcement doesn't mention the current bakery location. At least they plan to have a bakery counter at the restaurant too.

"The bakery counter will be opening soon while we continue to build out the restaurant side...stay tuned!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown