Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 02:53 PM

334 posts, read 493,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog72 View Post
I heard from some reliable sources while at Gene's that both VFW and University avenue projects are dead.
Least shocking news ever.

David Biafora and James Giuliani make Donald Trump look like the Pope.

WVU is really the only thing that can save Morgantown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 10:41 AM

75 posts, read 90,744 times
The Beechurst project is dead. At this point, I don't see anything happening at that site for a long time.

VFW project still mired in its legal battle. I haven't heard anything different.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:48 AM

354 posts, read 503,339 times
I find the VFW site more important of the two. The vertical structure and location was perfect and provided density in a sensible place. Now I can see that corner becoming a walgreens.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:52 AM

98 posts, read 112,649 times
I still don't understand why the flat parking lot next to Circle K on Willey isn't being developed for student housing . It is the perfect location .

Old 08-01-2016, 05:51 PM

124 posts, read 150,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from Morgantown View Post
I still don't understand why the flat parking lot next to Circle K on Willey isn't being developed for student housing . It is the perfect location .
I'm going to assume whoever the owner is has been told legal actions will be taken if they try to develop. The one guy that always tries to block everything owns the majority the old rental houses near that lot. The other guy owns the large apartment complexes nearby. But I agree, it is a perfect place for a dense development.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:28 PM

191 posts, read 305,133 times
I would have to agree on that location as well

Old 08-01-2016, 06:34 PM

456 posts, read 595,978 times
why would they have legal action against them. I don't understand how these couple of individuals do this and why the city doesn't fine them for any infraction they have on their properties. they need run out of town so proper development can take place. if their properties are sub par why is the city not taking action against them. Morgantown needs to change the local laws and ordinances to make it easier for development. they also need to ensure proper access and parking for any development

Old 08-02-2016, 08:59 AM

75 posts, read 90,744 times
If the projects were by right development, then local landlords wouldn't have much say, but these projects typically involve variances and zoning appeals, which allows others to have their say.

The owner of that lot has floated plans for a new development, but nothing concrete.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:19 AM

98 posts, read 112,649 times
I just wonder what is going to happen on that block now . It's now a blighted area on a very busy road . The image isn't good and the area is a haven for illegal activity .

Old 08-02-2016, 05:22 PM

124 posts, read 150,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from Morgantown View Post
I just wonder what is going to happen on that block now . It's now a blighted area on a very busy road . The image isn't good and the area is a haven for illegal activity .
Yes, it looks bad. Nothing residential will happen there without major legal opposition. Maybe something commercial would go without opposition, but figuring out the parking would be difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown