Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 02:38 PM

491 posts, read 609,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
I'd like if we could attract WaWa's to the new exit just so we have a little variety.
Then it would be like Walgreens-CVS and build right next door
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 03:03 PM

193 posts, read 281,751 times
I wouldn't be surprised to see a large GetGo there at the new interchange. There are some p pretty large GetGos in PA

Old 08-08-2016, 03:07 PM

354 posts, read 505,499 times
How sad, dreaming of more gas stations to compete with other gas stations. We have to have more per capita than any other place in the US.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:23 PM

890 posts, read 1,052,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greystreet21 View Post
How sad, dreaming of more gas stations to compete with other gas stations. We have to have more per capita than any other place in the US.

lol, nah....

Old 08-08-2016, 03:43 PM

124 posts, read 151,327 times
Quote:
I've always wondered why we don't have a 7-11 and a waffle house.
Morgantown had two 7-11 stores for many years. One is now a BFS beside of McDonalds on University Avenue, and the other was over by Mylan on Chestnut Ridge Road. I always loved the flavor of their coffee.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:58 PM

273 posts, read 382,008 times
Quote:
A gas station is supposedly confirmed for one of the pads at the West View place, makes me wonder who will move there, Sheetz already has a store at just the next exit and so does BFS. Building at the new exit would just possibly hurt their current stores at the previous exit, however neither stores are at the westover exit (as far as I can remember) so building there would make more sense but with the new exit possibly being the exit for the new downtown connection that will be eventually built, would BFS or Sheetz want to build at the new exit knowing it will cannibalize their current stores. Id say yes since it such a visible location with a huge potential for a massive amount of traffic, but let's assume both say they don't want to cannibalize their current stores, who would build there then? Sheetz and BFS are the two main gas places in town, little general doesn't seem like it would be the type of company to build a big gas station and convenience store there. Also the other small players in town most likely would not have the money or resources to build there and compete with BFS and Sheetz just the next exit over. Like I said above, I'd love for WaWa to build there, but I have a feeling that if Sheetz deems it would not cannibalize its other store to bad, they will pay whatever money it takes to get such a visible location.
Well, there's already TWO Sheetz at the Star City exit. There's a BFS at the Weatover and Star City exits.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:47 PM

870 posts, read 1,568,345 times
Although Point Marion is in PA, that town could use a Sheetz or BFS or Go-Mart. The town had a couple of gas stations at one point. They now have to drive into Morgantown just for about everything it seems. Although a Family Dollar opened there several years ago, but still, the town has no gas station.

I'm surprised there's not a Sheetz at the Mount Morris exit. I sometimes stop in Mount Morris because I don't like dealing with the traffic off the Morgantown exits and I'm sure a Sheetz would do a good business there.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:12 PM

890 posts, read 1,052,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallydude02 View Post
Although Point Marion is in PA, that town could use a Sheetz or BFS or Go-Mart. The town had a couple of gas stations at one point. They now have to drive into Morgantown just for about everything it seems. Although a Family Dollar opened there several years ago, but still, the town has no gas station.

I'm surprised there's not a Sheetz at the Mount Morris exit. I sometimes stop in Mount Morris because I don't like dealing with the traffic off the Morgantown exits and I'm sure a Sheetz would do a good business there.

Yea I complain alot about Morgantown, but man I absolutely hated livin in Pt.Marion when I first moved here in 2011 the 1st time, Morgantown is at least bearable.....PM has a Subway, Family Dollar and a Foodland (which closes way too early and is a downright dump!)....Apple Annie's is the only good thing about that town.....And even thats in Morgantown now! lol.....

I dont get how Mt. Morris aint boomin more than it is either, the terrain right off the highway is flat which allows for highway stops to be, you know, literally right off the Highway.....the new BFS at the Star City exit and the older Sheetz arent that far off, but I know from havin traveled this country, people that dont know the area and are just passin through, dont like to venture too far off the highway into the town....its all about convenience as nit picky as it may seem......you wanna be able to see the gas station itself from the highway and maybe even a huge sign that shows how much the gas prices are, etc.....else you might just say ah we'll stop at the next exit...., especially people who have never heard of BFS or Sheetz, which is probably 90% of the country, at least 99% for BFS.....

Old 08-08-2016, 09:10 PM

75 posts, read 118,206 times
Anyone else notice the similarities with the new gas pump canopy at the new SheetZ and wawa's? http://https://www.google.com/search...o4YsHzbwKAM%3A

Old 08-08-2016, 09:10 PM

98 posts, read 113,234 times
WAWA is awesome . With re to Sheetz . Yes , one is being built on the Mileground (at the light across from the Honda motorcycle dealership) . They are waiting to see what the DOH does to that intersection ( i.e. , roundabout or light , and road configuration ) . Yes , Sheetz will be at West View .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown