Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 07:03 AM

98 posts, read 113,215 times

Advertisements

Was just told lot rent is 315$ month ( does NOT include water , sewage or trash ) . So 315$ X 184 every month and you see why the selling price was so high . It's very expensive to live there but home owners really can't do much about that because it cost so much to move a manufactured home . And, options for decent parks in the area are dwindling .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 07:32 AM

255 posts, read 390,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
How do we go about finding in the record who bought it......so help me if it was Dan Ryan.
I heard it was someone called Inspire Communities

Old 08-09-2016, 07:33 AM

255 posts, read 390,899 times
Quote:
Man that is a heck of a premium, good for whoever sold it though!

I cant remember, is this within city limits?
Yes, on the border. I think it is 1st Ward.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:37 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,225,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowWin View Post
I heard it was someone called Inspire Communities
If that is the case, its staying a trailer park then most likely.

Inspire Communities | Enriching American Lives Through Affordable Housing Communities

Old 08-09-2016, 07:51 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
Well then Let's bring it back!.......
It was so funny when you said that. That is exactly what it was; go carts, miniature golf, batting cages (highest speed available at that time) and a small indoor arcade and snack bar. Back then video games were pretty much limited to Pac Man & Space Invaders, etc.

It was quite popular. People were very disappointed when it closed. It definitely made money. The only thing maybe working against it was it's seasonal aspect. I don't remember it going out of business or struggling. Land was sold for the mobile home park.

That caused a bit of controversy at the time. That hillside was beautiful and it just doesn't look the same with all those MH's parked there.

I was a teenager in the 80's and it was a great place to go. Would be nice for all ages really and I am surprised we have nothing like it after 3 decades.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:04 AM

75 posts, read 91,106 times
Quote:
Man that is a heck of a premium, good for whoever sold it though!

I cant remember, is this within city limits?
Yes, it is just within city limits.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:51 AM

491 posts, read 609,749 times
It would be a good time to invest in a trailer moving business. How long do they have to move?

Old 08-09-2016, 03:34 PM

273 posts, read 381,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
Just a few basic numbers:

Sale price - $8.55 million (reportedly)
Acreage - 33 acres
Land Value - $1,813,900
Building Value - $814,100
Total appraised value - $2,628,000

Number of mobile homes - 184 (with three vacant parcels), by my count
Population - 356, from some Census block data and extrapolation
Density - 6,900/sq mi
That's not the appraised value. That's the assessed value. The difference can be quite staggering.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:01 PM

Morgantown is blessed to have environmentally friendly , recession proof jobs . The area should be twice its size but a lack of vision related to infrastructure has stalled growth . But water always finds its own level so not even inept leadership can total stop progress .

Old 08-09-2016, 10:23 PM

Let me give you an example of inept leadership . We need new roads . I have a fairly easy solution . It won't fix all our traffic problems but it's not intended to. I want to extend Van Gilder to North Willey street . Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about . This simple solution through old WVU farm land with no buildings in the path would pay big dividends . When the students are in town Stewart Street , Falling Run Road , The Loop , Campus Drive , and U Ave and Beechurst Ave becomes a parking lot from 3 to 6 pm Mon to Fri . And on Fri , N. Willey backs up to Darst Ave trying to get past the roundabout . This new road would be a quick way to by-pass all that traffic ! But I can't get 1 local official to endorse the idea . INEPT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown