Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 06:15 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji2086 View Post
That's not the appraised value. That's the assessed value. The difference can be quite staggering.
Ah, sorry. Saw one thing and typed the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 07:32 AM

354 posts, read 505,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from Morgantown View Post
Let me give you an example of inept leadership . We need new roads . I have a fairly easy solution . It won't fix all our traffic problems but it's not intended to. I want to extend Van Gilder to North Willey street . Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about . This simple solution through old WVU farm land with no buildings in the path would pay big dividends . When the students are in town Stewart Street , Falling Run Road , The Loop , Campus Drive , and U Ave and Beechurst Ave becomes a parking lot from 3 to 6 pm Mon to Fri . And on Fri , N. Willey backs up to Darst Ave trying to get past the roundabout . This new road would be a quick way to by-pass all that traffic ! But I can't get 1 local official to endorse the idea . INEPT
I think a development was approved for that exact area. So again, because of a severe lack of planning and willy nilly development we fall further behind.

Doesn't matter though, it would just be another road that becomes a parking lot at the expense of losing green space. Especially if you're using it to get on the mileground, you'll be sitting there waiting to merge anyway.

The only way to alleviate the issue, at this point, is it to build the proposed VFW CA tower and the Standard which will bring people downtown and take cars off the road

Old 08-10-2016, 07:53 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greystreet21 View Post
I think a development was approved for that exact area. So again, because of a severe lack of planning and willy nilly development we fall further behind.

Doesn't matter though, it would just be another road that becomes a parking lot at the expense of losing green space. Especially if you're using it to get on the mileground, you'll be sitting there waiting to merge anyway.

The only way to alleviate the issue, at this point, is it to build the proposed VFW CA tower and the Standard which will bring people downtown and take cars off the road
Unfortunately the Standard is now officially dead so who knows what happens next there, I'm betting WVu will do something with it, but of course that will then trigger those certain groups in town to scream about it.

As far as I know, in a couple years falling run road will no longer connect into university and will instead turn at Vandalia hall and connect into Stewartstown.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:21 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,508,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from Morgantown View Post
Let me give you an example of inept leadership . We need new roads . I have a fairly easy solution . It won't fix all our traffic problems but it's not intended to. I want to extend Van Gilder to North Willey street . Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about . This simple solution through old WVU farm land with no buildings in the path would pay big dividends . When the students are in town Stewart Street , Falling Run Road , The Loop , Campus Drive , and U Ave and Beechurst Ave becomes a parking lot from 3 to 6 pm Mon to Fri . And on Fri , N. Willey backs up to Darst Ave trying to get past the roundabout . This new road would be a quick way to by-pass all that traffic ! But I can't get 1 local official to endorse the idea . INEPT
Good idea. It's sad when officials don't think ahead. It's really getting ridiculous.

You would have thought that the absolute gridlock caused by 2 inches of snow in an hour this Jan (2 weeks before Storm Jonas) would be a wakeup call. Here is a link to remember. WV MetroNews – Snow squall causes Morgantown gridlock; students up to 6 hours late getting home
There were kids stuck at school till 10 pm. This made statewide news it was so bad.

The Homeland Security spokesman was on the radio next day stating that was a perfect example of the traffic gridlock here and there would be no way to move people in this town during an emergency. That is terrifying.

Roads should be a priority. Then alternate routes such as this example could be utilized, while others are shut down, etc. We don't even have berms for disabled vehicles to pull over! This is my only complaint living here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown