Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2017, 11:20 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,042,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
Who's saying it was fun? And yes, WVU and its fans have experienced more than its fair share of humiliating losses, LMAO if you actually think otherwise.....but anyway, its all good and whatevs....

oh and anyway, those Baylor fans are probably not drivin home yet, its double elimination. I highly doubt it because theyre not that good, but Baylor could win out and win it still. But Im not a Baylor fan so I hope not.
LOL ... Well then, let's hope for all those folks down on the Brazos that they at least have a respectable showing in the losers bracket. That way they can have a moral victory of sorts and commiserate with each other on their 5 hour drive to Waco, as losers but winners against other losers. I mean if they lose to other losers, that's a double whammy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 12:08 AM

891 posts, read 1,053,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
LOL ... Well then, let's hope for all those folks down on the Brazos that they at least have a respectable showing in the losers bracket. That way they can have a moral victory of sorts and commiserate with each other on their 5 hour drive to Waco, as losers but winners against other losers. I mean if they lose to other losers, that's a double whammy.
You clearly dont understand how these tournaments work lol, but thats no surprise.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:58 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,866 times
Regarding WVU's chance at post season, pretty sure I read that even before the tournament we were pretty much a lock for post season (or should be at least) and if we do well enough we will host a regional.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:12 AM

It has been made official, WVU will be playing Kentucky in Morgantown in the SEC-Big 12 basketball matchup. It will be on January 27th which is a Saturday.

http://www.dominionpost.com/WVU-to-f...cky-in-2018-in

In addition to Kentucky, Virginia will also be coming to Morgantown this season.

Last edited by WVUmatt; 05-25-2017 at 08:23 AM..

Old 05-25-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
It has been made official, WVU will be playing Kentucky in Morgantown in the SEC-Big 12 basketball matchup. It will be on January 27th which is a Saturday.

The Dominion Post - WVU to face Kentucky in 2018 in Morgantown

In addition to Kentucky, Virginia will also be coming to Morgantown this season.
Kentucky, Virginia, Kansas, Texas ... all storied basketball programs will be playing here. I believe the basketball Backyard Brawl starts again this year too. Not sure about Virginia Tech, but tickets will be in great demand for certain this year.

http://pacmail.em.marketinghq.net/fu...q_v=6a1e6e9580

Last edited by CTMountaineer; 05-25-2017 at 09:30 AM..

Old 05-25-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Regarding WVU's chance at post season, pretty sure I read that even before the tournament we were pretty much a lock for post season (or should be at least) and if we do well enough we will host a regional.
well they missed out last year with a record of 12-11 in conference and 36-22 overall....this year they finished 12-12 in conference and 33-22 overall (I think its 34 now with the win yesterday), although even I think they got snubbed last year, after they played TCU to extra innings in the Conference final.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
well they missed out last year with a record of 12-11 in conference and 36-22 overall....this year they finished 12-12 in conference and 33-22 overall (I think its 34 now with the win yesterday), although even I think they got snubbed last year, after they played TCU to extra innings in the Conference final.
They definitely got snubbed, but I guess possibly not being snubbed this year is due to the fact we have played against a lot higher level of competition than the previous year. But, all the places I have seen, say WVU will be a #2 seed as of right now.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:48 PM

At $33-34 (reported money coming from big 12 to each school this year) from the Big12, WVU would be in the $40-43M range after adding the IMG money. Which means WVU will make either right around or match top tier SEC schools for TV money. Absolutely fantastic. When tier 3 is added in, WVU is in the top 4 of the big 12 for most tv money.

Big12 money news

Old 05-26-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
At $33-34 (reported money coming from big 12 to each school this year) from the Big12, WVU would be in the $40-43M range after adding the IMG money. Which means WVU will make either right around or match top tier SEC schools for TV money. Absolutely fantastic. When tier 3 is added in, WVU is in the top 4 of the big 12 for most tv money.

Big12 money news
I still wish WVU would have ended up in the ACC (Still think it will eventually, its the far better Cultural & Geographical fit, and of course the historic rivals) but theres no doubt yall made the right decision financially......

Old 05-26-2017, 08:38 PM

The University is fine athletically. We're a small state, but virtually the entire state supports the Mountaineers. Our athletic program is in the Top 30 in the country for direct income, as wall as apparel sales. Last year athletic income was $90.1 million, and that is expected to increase this year.

It is a good cultural fit because the school is in an energy state, similar to the other schools in the league. My opinion is the Big XII expands eastward in the near future and divides into a league with east and west divisions while going to an 8 game conference schedule. That would make things even better for WVU. With an 8 conference game situation, games with old rivals Pitt, Virginia Tech, Penn State, and Maryland could be arranged regularly and we would have the best of both worlds.

The truth is most of the Mountaineer teams are very competitive nationally too. Basketball is regularly in the Big Dance, and football plays in bowl games most years. Women's Soccer is a Top 5 program, women's basketball is usually in the NCAA tournament, Rifle is the Nation's dominant program, baseball is more than competitive, and Olympic sports have picked up steam to the point that, including concessions and the like, they do not drain finances from the program. Fan support is quite good for Mountaineer athletics.

Just today WVU baseball had a 6 run 10th. inning to send Texas Tech back to Lubbock, by a 12-7 score and will face off against Oklahoma State tomorrow morning in the league tournament.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown