Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2009, 02:01 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,987,863 times

Advertisements

ok.. so WVU fans are the rudest in the Big East... lets put them together with the rudest team in the West and see them sludge it out to see who the rudest fans in the nation are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 02:08 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,035,127 times
I've been to games all over the country. I'm retired, and have been for years, so I can do that. Our fans are not inordinately rude. A lot of that crap is pure nonsense that is spread around by folks that are jealous of the program's successes. Are there some rude fans? Yes. Does most any program have them? If you have been to games in different venues, you just know they do.

I will exempt the following programs though:
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
Duke
Temple (they don't have any fans to be rude)
Northwestern
UConn
and Marshall (their fans, such as they are, are truly a delight)

All the rest have some rude fans.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:18 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,035,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
Marshall really really really really needs to work on their defense. I can't stress that enough. At the last game versus Central Tennessee I was literally screaming on defense. It's as if they don't care about rebounds, boxing out, etc. Hell these guys are 7 feet tall its not like they can't jump for the ball. Ugh... we won, but still it was very frustrating.
So, how do you think the Herd will do this year? Is Memphis coming to the Cam? If so, they should be able to sell some seats for at least that game.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
So, how do you think the Herd will do this year? Is Memphis coming to the Cam? If so, they should be able to sell some seats for at least that game.
Like I said, you can't win a basketball game if you don't play defense. Yeah offense scores the points but what good does it do if you can't hold back the other team? I think we'll do pretty well this year, hopefully the they'll have a practice or two on defense. When I was in school I was probably the best defensive power forward we had, I wasn't too hot on offense but I knew what I was doing on defense and that's why its just blowing my mind that these college ball players weren't even jumping for the ball or putting any effort into defense...

We do play Memphis at the Cam Henderson Center this year, Jan 27th. Here is a link to the schedule... It's not a bad looking one at all. The center was probably 75% full for the Central Tennessee game. I was rather impressed.

MARSHALL OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE - Men's Basketball

Old 11-21-2009, 05:33 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,775,620 times
Quote:
ok.. so WVU fans are the rudest in the Big East... lets put them together with the rudest team in the West and see them sludge it out to see who the rudest fans in the nation are.
Yeah, then WV can be number 1.

You guys save this up all year, don't you? hahahahaa

Old 11-23-2009, 06:45 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,309,021 times
Am extreme sociological event is to stand in the 'student section at a home football game and hear the profane cheers...I swear, new words are formed and used in that cheering section...and the guantlet of streets that move the herd of watchers have a lot of swearing coming from the balconies...
A bummer to me is watching the girls falling down drunk on the hill to the Law School and puking out all that beer.

Believe me, this is an award that is earned....and it fits WVU...

GOOO! MOUNTAINNNNN EARRRRS and BEAT the H3ll out of PITT!

Old 11-23-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Yeah, then WV can be number 1.

You guys save this up all year, don't you? hahahahaa
I have to! ha ha I mean to deal with the constant... "OMG WVU IS SO AWESOME" crap that just keeps getting regurgitated over and over and over and over.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:47 PM

938 posts, read 2,896,981 times
Quote:
I have to! ha ha I mean to deal with the constant... "OMG WVU IS SO AWESOME" crap that just keeps getting regurgitated over and over and over and over.
Just because you chose not to go there shouldn't mean you take it out on us when faced with the inevitable awesomeness of WVU.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:41 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,309,021 times
188 different Degrees does make it an Awesome Party School...

Call it the balance between the baachanal and the becoming of age.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:07 AM

I call it a bunch of old guys obsessed with a school. You know probably everyone on this site supports WVU, but do you hear them constantly trying to pis$ on Marshall or any other school. Nope! Maybe this is why WVU fans are voted the rudest in the nation. They're not shown how to act from their parents or grand parents, and schooled in sportsmanship. Something so repetitive is only cute maybe the first two or three times. Now it's annoying...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown