Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 07:33 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,875,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Leader of the Big 12

wow this is a good one!
Clemson rolled their eyes at WVU.

So did Oklahoma, and Georgia before them.

The best part is when they sit in stunned silence, on the verge of tears, because WVU is beating on them so bad.

WVU is not Morgantown's team, but the states team. You and I are both Mountaineers, except the traitors at Marshall, and you should support our state team instead of hoping for them to fail because they are located in Morgantown.

Also, I never said WVU will be the leader, but it will be a leader. The conference is too good for a single team to dominate, but WVU should fair well. Most WVians will be happy and root for WVU, despite the fact they are located in Morgantown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 07:56 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times
The conference per team potential from these moves approaches $40 million per team. Add in a few million more if Florida State and Clemson join the group, ticket sales, donations and the like and you get the picture. West Virginia is positioned to be a major player long term.

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1366902

Old 05-18-2012, 08:00 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times
And Pitt is teaching Penn State a thing or two about wussiness. Thinking they had pulled a major coup, they are on the verge of becoming totally irrelevant in college football for the entire region.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:22 AM

6,077 posts, read 9,104,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Clemson rolled their eyes at WVU.

So did Oklahoma, and Georgia before them.

The best part is when they sit in stunned silence, on the verge of tears, because WVU is beating on them so bad.

WVU is not Morgantown's team, but the states team. You and I are both Mountaineers, except the traitors at Marshall, and you should support our state team instead of hoping for them to fail because they are located in Morgantown.

Also, I never said WVU will be the leader, but it will be a leader. The conference is too good for a single team to dominate, but WVU should fair well. Most WVians will be happy and root for WVU, despite the fact they are located in Morgantown.
What the heck is wrong with you? I'm a season ticket holder for 12 years, and have been to every bowl game except two in the last 21 years. I don't think I need to say how pathetic your attempt to turn this into a anti-Morgantown topic again was.

As for what you posted, why don't you read your posts. You said WVU is set up to be leader. Last time I checked, WVU was still a new member in a conference 1,000 miles away, and is no longer the top dog of everything program in the conference like in the Big East. I'm smart enough to know that WVU is going to shape into a middle of the pack conference team before too long. I'm saying this as a person who loves WVU.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:24 AM

6,077 posts, read 9,104,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
The conference per team potential from these moves approaches $40 million per team. Add in a few million more if Florida State and Clemson join the group, ticket sales, donations and the like and you get the picture. West Virginia is positioned to be a major player long term.

Orangebloods.com - Big 12 and SEC send powerful message
Major player I will agree with, but not leader of the Big 12. I mean, we just joined a conference that has one school with its own TV network.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
What the heck is wrong with you? I'm a season ticket holder for 12 years, and have been to every bowl game except two in the last 21 years. I don't think I need to say how pathetic your attempt to turn this into a anti-Morgantown topic again was.

As for what you posted, why don't you read your posts. You said WVU is set up to be leader. Last time I checked, WVU was still a new member in a conference 1,000 miles away, and is no longer the top dog of everything program in the conference like in the Big East. I'm smart enough to know that WVU is going to shape into a middle of the pack conference team before too long. I'm saying this as a person who loves WVU.
I see you misunderstood. To be leader doesnt make any sense does it? It is "To be a leader." I see this was not obvious because the lack of A, but you could induced this intention. ANyway I wont fault you for it.

I feel you are underestimating WVU. The thing is WVU is a really good team, that loses games it should have won because of stupid mistakes. If these mistakes could be corrected WVU would be a top team in the country and dominate the Big 12.

WVU now also has the money and reputation to step up recruiting.

WVU will have a harder time dominating the conference. It is no longer the Big E, but WVU will still be a leader of the Big 12.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:20 AM

2,290 posts, read 3,827,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
I see you misunderstood. To be leader doesnt make any sense does it? It is "To be a leader." I see this was not obvious because the lack of A, but you could induced this intention. ANyway I wont fault you for it.

I feel you are underestimating WVU. The thing is WVU is a really good team, that loses games it should have won because of stupid mistakes. If these mistakes could be corrected WVU would be a top team in the country and dominate the Big 12.

WVU now also has the money and reputation to step up recruiting.

WVU will have a harder time dominating the conference. It is no longer the Big E, but WVU will still be a leader of the Big 12.
Good points. I think people are overestimating the Big 12... it's full of crappy teams like Iowa State and Kansas. WVU should have no problem establishing itself as 'leader of the Big 12'.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:32 AM

C'mon both of you.

Pitt didnt do anything that WVU wasnt planning to do. They also might have left because of WVU's actions.

Regardless, they landed on a sinking paddle boat, while WVU landed on a nuclear powered battleship.

I think in the spirit of our former rivalry and same conference, WVU should aid Pitt in its time of need. Mountaineers are honorable.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:13 PM

180 posts, read 352,430 times
Quote:
and is no longer the top dog of everything program in the conference like in the Big East. .
Nothing personal Chris, But they never were top dog of everything. A a matter of fact they were not top dog in any athletic sport in Big East history. Not even close. Except for football in which they are second best all time.

All-Time BIG EAST Champions

Old 05-19-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyconn View Post
Nothing personal Chris, But they never were top dog of everything. A a matter of fact they were not top dog in any athletic sport in Big East history. Not even close. Except for football in which they are second best all time.

All-Time BIG EAST Champions
Hey, bobby long time no see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown