Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 09:14 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,041,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
Good points. I think people are overestimating the Big 12... it's full of crappy teams like Iowa State and Kansas. WVU should have no problem establishing itself as 'leader of the Big 12'.
LOL... You Pitt guys are pathetic. Go back to the ACC board. You guys cut out early and joined up with a sinking ship. Go back and enjoy the swan song. You have only yourselves to blame, and that idiot you call a college President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 11:59 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,085 times
Good one CT

Old 06-01-2012, 12:01 PM

You just hit paste on the same reply to every post I guess?
At least when you aren't pasting Mhver's nonsense.

A city university uses a city stadium. Get over it. Calm down. Grow up a little. Be mature (for once)

Old 06-01-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
You just hit paste on the same reply to every post I guess?
At least when you aren't pasting Mhver's nonsense.

A city university uses a city stadium. Get over it. Calm down. Grow up a little. Be mature (for once)
Let's see, we've got a Pitt fan coming here telling me my "fantasies" are bubble headed and then telling me to mature? Right. Get the heck out of here. You don't belong. The entire Pitt athletic program is a fantasy that lives in the ancient past. And, I reiterate, Pitt would not be welcome in the Big 12. They don't add enough media value, and they don't have on campus facilities for football. They even rented a high school stadium for their spring game this year. Pitt is a mile and a half from being a big time athletic program these days.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:35 AM

Way to refute your nonsense.

Stop posting this nonsense and you will stop being called on it.

Maybe if you type more about a city team using a city stadium a few more times that odd fascination of yours will be satisfied....

Old 06-02-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Way to refute your nonsense.

Stop posting this nonsense and you will stop being called on it.

Maybe if you type more about a city team using a city stadium a few more times that odd fascination of yours will be satisfied....
What exactly is your point. You are on the Morgantown forum in a city forum board. We are hear for Morgantown issues. It is not a Pitt board, nor is it a Pittsburgh board. The Pittsburgh board is where you belong. Go over there and gripe all you want about us. You'd be preaching to the choir. Here you are out of place.

Here... I'll give you something to take back with you...

Pitt's new coach picks his nose and eats it-

Rose Bowl 2012: Wisconsin Assistant Coach Picks His Nose and Eats It! - YouTube

West Virginia's engineering program is highly ranked. Pitt's does not even make the rankings-
School Rankings by College Major – Job Recruiter Top Picks - WSJ.com

Now, you have something to talk about back there. Goodbye.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:04 AM

What do I expect? Not much from you.

What you are saying is that you don't want anyone other than your "choir" to read your rants.

It's a forum, it's irrelevant where people are "from," just like it's irrelevant where a team plays, but I guess where post is an issue for you, just like a city team using a city stadium....

Old 06-02-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
What do I expect? Not much from you.

What you are saying is that you don't want anyone other than your "choir" to read your rants.

It's a forum, it's irrelevant where people are "from," just like it's irrelevant where a team plays, but I guess where post is an issue for you, just like a city team using a city stadium....
I see, so you're saying we'd be welcome on the Pittsburgh board spewing out the kind of crap you do here, and I could go there and tell them you said it would be okay? Go home. This is not about Pitt. Pitt is not even in the same conference. I could care less if Pitt doesn't own their own stadium and has to rent their stadium. I just said that is an issue in the Big 12 for the revenue sports. It is the conference's issue, not mine.

We're here to discuss developments in Morgantown, not Pittsburgh. We don't need your opinion. You don't live here, and you aren't likely to move here. We don't make a habit of ragging on Pittsburgh.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:19 AM

CT, you're the one fixated on irrelevant things like city universities using city stadiums and such. Not me.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:09 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,826,595 times
ACC Expansion: No Buyer's Remorse | AthlonSports.com

Quote:

“(Pitt and Syracuse) may not have had good seasons last year, but over time, you have teams that are good and bad,” North Carolina AD Bubba Cunningham says. “You want to associate with schools you can work with.”

That’s the key to the Pitt-Syracuse entrance into the ACC. This is not about making the conference stronger in football, although it is reasonable to think the schools won’t struggle long term. This is about fit. It’s about increasing recruiting opportunities. It’s about adding markets to become more attractive to television networks. About bringing aboard schools with similar academic missions and profiles. If the ACC wanted simply to make itself better on the gridiron (and some maintain that should be the goal of every expansion), it could have looked elsewhere, perhaps to West Virginia. But when it comes to the bigger picture, the league made a good move and has solidified itself for the future.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown