U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2019, 08:05 PM

27 posts, read 30,908 times

Advertisements

New sign hanging by the road on the same sign as Dress Barn at UTC that reads Parry Custom Homes. Looks like they are company based out of Pittsburgh.

There is a “Coming Soon” sign for Tri-State Office Furniture Express hanging in the window in one of the spaces in the plaza with the Hampton Inn.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 08:56 PM

182 posts, read 149,889 times
Tri state will be located next to Cricket. For now they are temporarily located in the lofts until their building is completed. Commercial builders was doing the build-out on both Tristate and the Jersey Mike's but apparently were booted from the project after multiple delays. At least that's what I heard.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:23 PM

1 posts, read 689 times
Has anyone heard any more about Menard's coming to Morgantown?

Old 04-16-2019, 07:28 PM

412 posts, read 395,474 times
Supposedly they are still coming. They have had stores that they already bought the land in Huntington and Wheeling but neither of those have been started and they have been approved since last year and the land is ready. One is planned for Parkersburg but it seems to be moving even slower than the others. Bridgeport is supposed to be building a shopping center that one has been announced for also but that's probably two years off since they are just clearing the land starting in May.Charleston is also where one is potentially going. Till they start one somewhere I have my doubts.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:36 PM

I could be wrong but I thought for sure I heard the one at the Highlands in Wheeling has begun construction.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:53 AM

10,148 posts, read 13,266,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djaerial View Post
I could be wrong but I thought for sure I heard the one at the Highlands in Wheeling has begun construction.
If anything disproves the faulty notion that Federal MSA designations actually mean anything it is the Highlands. It is located 3 miles from the PA Line, the other side of which is technically in the Pittsburgh MSA (similar to our situation in Morgantown), and those folks in West Alexander and Claysville work in exactly the same places as those in Valley Grove and Triadelphia. All of those folks have relatives and friends on the other side of the arbitrary line. In fact, for decades people living in the Dallas Pike area actually had West Alexander addresses, which made for interesting discussions when there was a PA address on a WV drivers license. At least half the customers at Highlands come from PA. You can't tell it from the current Ohio County population, but that place is located in the midst of a large population center.

I'm not surprised it is opening earlier than others.

Old 04-20-2019, 06:21 AM

There is a large building near the sharp turn on the hill between FedEx and the McFly Outdoors building. Anyone know what it is? It looks mostly complete and at least as large as the FedEx building.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:26 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,767,803 times
Quote:
There is a large building near the sharp turn on the hill between FedEx and the McFly Outdoors building. Anyone know what it is? It looks mostly complete and at least as large as the FedEx building.
That is the new Leidos building.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
That is the new Leidos building.

Really?
I thought Liedos was going into the business park in the new large building over by the Chaplin Exit 155.

The building I'm referring to is near the FedEx building. Maybe I misunderstood about the Liedos location.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:49 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,767,803 times
Quote:
Really?
I thought Liedos was going into the business park in the new large building over by the Chaplin Exit 155.

The building I'm referring to is near the FedEx building. Maybe I misunderstood about the Liedos location.
The Leidos building is up behind the old Kmart (high up above it on the hill, in front of the power station), they are not going in the office park section for whatever reason (nothing has been officially announced for that/those building(s) over there yet, but supposedly two banks will have offices over there- one of them being First United Bank and Trust). Apparently that building (Leidos) is designed to be expanded in the future if they chose to do so.

Heres what it'll look like: https://www.dominionpost.com/2018/12...-new-facility/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown