Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2020, 06:17 PM

75 posts, read 74,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
I have a feeling the pandemic is going to stunt commercial growth for a while. I think for West Ridge, it will be "right place, wrong time".

I will say that if that ends up being the case, I certainly won't blame the developers. Who would have known this time last year, let alone years ago when they started digging, all of this would happen. Things were looking great in 2019.
Looking at the prospects going forward, and looking at future locations for our daughter to do her studies, I see nothing but positives for your area. Having what is bordering on a Top 100 research institution, several federal organizations, and your state's best and largest medical establishment in your community is bound to be as resistant to virus effects as anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 10:37 AM

219 posts, read 244,518 times
There has been a lot of construction activity at the Bass Pro site this last week. It appears they are moving forward.

In other news, the parent company of Bass Pro just announced they are purchasing Sportsman's Warehouse. If the Bass Pro is actually built at Exit 153 don't expect Sportsman's Warehouse to stay open very long at exit 155.

Also, I'd expect Menards to open very soon although I have not heard a definitive date.

Old 01-04-2021, 07:09 AM

1,380 posts, read 2,487,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djaerial View Post
There has been a lot of construction activity at the Bass Pro site this last week. It appears they are moving forward.

In other news, the parent company of Bass Pro just announced they are purchasing Sportsman's Warehouse. If the Bass Pro is actually built at Exit 153 don't expect Sportsman's Warehouse to stay open very long at exit 155.

Also, I'd expect Menards to open very soon although I have not heard a definitive date.
Great news! i was worried Bass Pro was going to fall through.

Old 01-04-2021, 01:05 PM

456 posts, read 595,765 times
I doubt sportsman warehouse closes. It carries totally different items then the new Bass will carry and help to give them a larger market share in the area.

Old 01-04-2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
I doubt sportsman warehouse closes. It carries totally different items then the new Bass will carry and help to give them a larger market share in the area.
Totally different items? They target the exact same people with the exact same selection of products (except for power boats). Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, outdoor clothing, guns, ammo, boots, archery, meat smokers.....the list is endless. Some of the individual brand names may differ but the scope of the product selection remains the same.

Old 01-04-2021, 09:35 PM

202 posts, read 215,951 times
Quote:
Totally different items? They target the exact same people with the exact same selection of products (except for power boats). Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, outdoor clothing, guns, ammo, boots, archery, meat smokers.....the list is endless. Some of the individual brand names may differ but the scope of the product selection remains the same.
Do they target the same price point? I think Sportsman's is a little better on pricing than Bass Pro/Cabelas.

Old 01-05-2021, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgantown1 View Post
Do they target the same price point? I think Sportsman's is a little better on pricing than Bass Pro/Cabelas.
Their prices aren't much different. Sportsman's Warehouse is not a thrift shop or closeout store. It's a normal outdoor store. They do have sales often but in general a gun there cost the same as a gun at BP.

Old 01-06-2021, 10:20 PM

202 posts, read 215,951 times
Quote:
Their prices aren't much different. Sportsman's Warehouse is not a thrift shop or closeout store. It's a normal outdoor store. They do have sales often but in general a gun there cost the same as a gun at BP.
Which is a little on the high side. They were over $100 more on my most recent glock purchase. Found a better deal at a local shop and this was when they couldn't keep things in stock.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:10 AM

The Bass Pro building just shot up out of thin air. In two days they have two of the large walls erected. They are using prefab concrete slab walls and a crane.

Old 01-15-2021, 02:09 PM

456 posts, read 595,765 times
That's good news. I heard rumors of Menards either opening next week or February. The building has been done for a month or more. Hopefully by March we here progress on everything else but who knows these days. Things are moving slowly these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown