Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2018, 10:57 AM

456 posts, read 602,139 times

Advertisements

Well I heard a home improvement for Fairmont and they do have a development in Fairmont by the old Middletown Mall called Riverside Commons right by 79. Middletown Mall was just sold and is supposed to be redeveloped soon. Fairmont said on Monday announcements coming soon.I thought the eastern Panhandle might be a stretch at this point but. I thought maybe Fairmont,Beckley,Weirton or one somewhere between Charleston and Huntington. Elkins,Buckhannon or Weston could be a possibility also. Has any of them been started yet. I haven't heard of any buildings started yet at Tanyard and at the Highlands in Wheeling things seem to be moving slow. Morgantown or Bridgeport wouldn't come till next year at sometime the land isn't even ready to be developed in Bridgeport and I haven't seen work their even started yet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 06:01 PM

219 posts, read 247,541 times
This is great news hearing about a new Menards coming to town. Before the Menards rumors I had always hoped for a Home Depot. Not becuase it's a great store or anything. It was just competition and variety versus Lowe's. But now hearing about Menards I'm glad it's not Home Depot.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:08 PM

250 posts, read 331,647 times
Menards is a good store with a good selection of lumber. They also treat their employees well (used to work at one back home). They carry some different brands and have some really nice custom millwork selections from good manufacturers. Hopefully, things haven’t changed too much....we had the best customer service for the “big” home improvement stores. Finally, a welcome addition.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:26 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,226,356 times
Anyone have any clue what the 61,000 square feet building might be? It is an interesting design with the parking spots right against the front of it. If I am betting, one of the stores to the right of the Menards will be a Staples, one a HomeGoods, one a Burlington Coat Factory, and another one will be a PetSmart. Sure would love for the "small" 18K square foot spot on the right to be a Trader Joes, but that's probably just wishing.

Also, I wouldn't complain to much if a small home depot built at Gate Way next to Hobby Lobby. Would give us a home improvement store at every exit and I wouldn't have to drive to union town or Clarksburg to pick up my preferred LED light bulb brand (Cree). Though a nice upscale grocery in that spot would be much preferred.

Last edited by WVUmatt; 05-16-2018 at 06:35 AM..

Old 05-16-2018, 06:49 AM

77 posts, read 82,919 times
Maybe this is old news - but I was speaking with a developer the other day and was told that a Cheese Cake Factory is going to be built.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer1871 View Post
Maybe this is old news - but I was speaking with a developer the other day and was told that a Cheese Cake Factory is going to be built.

Really? That is fantastic if so. It's been rumored about for a while now. Did they say it would go at the WestRidge Crossing area near the Drury Hotel? That was the location I heard rumored about and some of us talked about many pages ago, but never heard anything concrete.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:01 AM

33 posts, read 28,191 times
Quote:
This would be great. I was always under the assumption that they only built those in places of higher population, but maybe they see the potential to get people from the Bridgeport area, Washington Area, and Uniontown Area with the development coming to Morgantown.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:05 AM

250 posts, read 331,647 times
Quote:
Tom? Is that you?

Old 05-16-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph3000 View Post
tom? Is that you?
haha

Old 05-17-2018, 07:19 AM

I'm starting to think that maybe that 61,000 square foot building could be a Kroger grocery store (or some other type of grocery store, but the average Kroger is 61,000 square feet). For size comparison, the large suncrest town center Kroger is 86,000 square feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown