Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2018, 07:52 AM

255 posts, read 391,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Whatever restaurant ends up building there, I hope it is new to the area, a nice place and they are smart enough to have a big outdoor patio to enjoy the view. Sure wish a Hofbrahaus with their beer garden and outdoor patio would build there, but I know that isn't going to happen.

I wouldn't want to live there either (I lived at the Domain up there for two years when it first opened) but 250 units!?!? Holy cow that's a lot. Would have preferred a restaurant or some other retail (like harbor freight) but it should help the restaurants and stores all along there with more people living right there. I wonder if the black bears will buy some of the condos for their players to live at during the summer.

On another note, if no one has seen it yet, go check out the Los Mariachis, it's not quite open yet but we looked through the windows last week and that is one fancy Mexican restaurant. It looks like not a penny was spared on building the place.
That’s an awful lot of units; the space doesn’t look big enough for the units plus parking for all the cars. I wouldn’t want to live there.

Interested in seeing Los Mariachis but I’ve been wondering what the heck is taking so long. Looks like they should have opened ages ago. Currently my favorite Mexican restaurant is La Tapatia; not much for atmosphere and they can be slow if they are busy but their Torta sandwich is terrific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 07:59 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowWin View Post
That’s an awful lot of units; the space doesn’t look big enough for the units plus parking for all the cars. I wouldn’t want to live there.

Interested in seeing Los Mariachis but I’ve been wondering what the heck is taking so long. Looks like they should have opened ages ago. Currently my favorite Mexican restaurant is La Tapatia; not much for atmosphere and they can be slow if they are busy but their Torta sandwich is terrific.
One of the Ford employees next door said (take this with a grain of salt) they were supposed to open a month or so ago but failed some fire inspection and they had to redesign their entire kitchen fire suppression systems and hoods. Hope they open soon so I can enjoy a margarita on their patio this summer.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:21 AM

354 posts, read 505,695 times
Any renderings of the apartments??

Old 06-14-2018, 12:47 PM

491 posts, read 610,239 times
1.) I was wondering what on earth was taking so long with Los. It had to be something severe to actually fail a fire inspection in this town considering what gets passed down in Sunnyside and Woodburn.

2.) Those apartments probably cater to the college crowd similar to Domain.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EerWax View Post
1.) I was wondering what on earth was taking so long with Los. It had to be something severe to actually fail a fire inspection in this town considering what gets passed down in Sunnyside and Woodburn.

2.) Those apartments probably cater to the college crowd similar to Domain.
I wonder if it will be apartments for rent catered towards working professionals or students. Or if it'll be condos for sale like over in suncrest.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:16 PM

491 posts, read 610,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
I wonder if it will be apartments for rent catered towards working professionals or students. Or if it'll be condos for sale like over in suncrest.
Just an observation, but the fad must be to build condos and family sized apartments around the country. Don't see too many housing developments sprouting up lately.

I know the plot of land isn't big or desirable enough for a cul-de-sac of homes, but these type of developments are sprouting up all over town.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:14 PM

I was looking at the site this evening and they have fencing up all around it now. But unless the land juts off in some other direction or something (I know it says 7 acres but it definitely does not look like 7 acres), I don't see how you could put 250 units there let alone 25 unless you majorly build up (which would look very bizarre there but offer an amazing view). Also, there is one of those drilling and concrete hole filling trucks on site now (yay old mine land).

Also, I was at Los tonight for dinner and they said another month or so and they should be open. The waiter said they just completed painting everything in side.

Here are examples of a 250 unit apartment complex for general size idea.

http://www.batson-cook.com/news_medi.../#.WyMhsi_MzOQ

https://patch.com/georgia/buckhead/d...head-village-0

Old 06-14-2018, 09:00 PM

456 posts, read 602,624 times
I just don't see how even if they build up there is room for 250 in that spot.There is no way you could have parking for that many apartments in 7 acres unless they are under the apartments. I would think with parking that would have to be at least 20 stories. I hope they aren't student housing that would be a big waste in that area.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:39 PM

255 posts, read 391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
I just don't see how even if they build up there is room for 250 in that spot.There is no way you could have parking for that many apartments in 7 acres unless they are under the apartments. I would think with parking that would have to be at least 20 stories. I hope they aren't student housing that would be a big waste in that area.

The lack of space for parking was what I thought too. If there are 250 units they need a minimum of that many parking spaces. If they are something other than 1 bedroom units they would need more than that. Somehow I don’t think Wal-mart would like their tenants using up all their parking spaces.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:06 AM

75 posts, read 91,161 times
I'm the person who originally had that parcel of land under control. My analysis called for 252 units. I included podium parking, but I also included first floor retail along UTC Drive. To justify the per acre price, the new developer had maximize the site load. You can view my analysis here if you're curious. It is about 18 months old now, so some figures will be out of date.

https://www.slideshare.net/slideshow...uZFXvMfu44FF1X
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown