Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 08:38 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,225,959 times

Advertisements

On a separate note (regarding the mall), Burlington Coat factory announced they are closing down their Union Town store. So if they are still opening new stores, the rumor for the Morgantown Mall would make sense since with the Union Town store gone it would not cannibalize a new Morgantown store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 01:27 PM

Looking at the current drawings for WestRidge Commons, if the plans posted don’t change again, that 40,000 square foot spot could be an exact fit for a Whole Foods (I know wishful thinking), but they build as part of shopping centers sometimes, their average store size is 40,000 square feet and the drawing shows a mezzanine overhang like a grocery. Again I know wishful thinking but I can hope and dream lol.

It’ll probably end up being a massive cellphone store though lol. All of the stores drawn are pretty good size stores though, no small strip stores like at UTC (by that I mean no cell phone, mattress and nail salon stores)

Last edited by WVUmatt; 12-14-2018 at 01:41 PM..

Old 12-14-2018, 02:12 PM

491 posts, read 609,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
That was actually the original vision of STC. It was supposed to be just like the Waterfront in Homestead, only with the second- and third-floor offices that STC did incorporate.

Oh, and if you want to go way back, this is what the area around Vandalia Hall (the former Augusta apartments) was supposed to look like:

Wish that was still feasible

Old 12-14-2018, 03:43 PM

250 posts, read 331,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Looking at the current drawings for WestRidge Commons, if the plans posted don’t change again, that 40,000 square foot spot could be an exact fit for a Whole Foods (I know wishful thinking), but they build as part of shopping centers sometimes, their average store size is 40,000 square feet and the drawing shows a mezzanine overhang like a grocery. Again I know wishful thinking but I can hope and dream lol.

It’ll probably end up being a massive cellphone store though lol. All of the stores drawn are pretty good size stores though, no small strip stores like at UTC (by that I mean no cell phone, mattress and nail salon stores)
GigaSheetz.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph3000 View Post
GigaSheetz.
6 lane drive thru Sheetz, 3 sit down areas, 48 pumps, 12 Tesla charging bays, 3 car washes, 72 fountain soda fountain, 36 flavor slurpee station, 20 flavor frozen yogurt bar, 1,000 different candy bars from around the world and 16 checkout registers but only one checkout that is ever open

Old 12-14-2018, 05:39 PM

4 posts, read 4,703 times
Did anyone reach out to the Whole Foods rep? Just wanted to know if you go the same run around as me.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amva238 View Post
Did anyone reach out to the Whole Foods rep? Just wanted to know if you go the same run around as me.
I wrote a pretty long email explaining what the actual population numbers are for this region (all the areas this area pulls from) and talked about the area’s needs in general and he never responded.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:14 AM

All three buildings at Joe Romeo's went up for sale/lease recently. I wonder if he will be dropping the Mazda brand or if he is looking to build a third location elsewhere (unless he sells the Mazdas from the Honda building or the used car building).

Also in other automotive news for this area, Freedom dealership is no longer selling VW's and has sold that part of the dealership business to Weimer (who also bought Hyundai from Freedom). Weimer for now is renting the lot and current building from Freedom until they (Weimer) build a new dealership building somewhere in the general area.

Old 12-17-2018, 01:24 PM

255 posts, read 390,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
All three buildings at Joe Romeo's went up for sale/lease recently. I wonder if he will be dropping the Mazda brand or if he is looking to build a third location elsewhere (unless he sells the Mazdas from the Honda building or the used car building).

Also in other automotive news for this area, Freedom dealership is no longer selling VW's and has sold that part of the dealership business to Weimer (who also bought Hyundai from Freedom). Weimer for now is renting the lot and current building from Freedom until they (Weimer) build a new dealership building somewhere in the general area.
Where are the putting the service center? Is it going to be up by Hobby Lobby also?

Old 12-17-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowWin View Post
Where are the putting the service center? Is it going to be up by Hobby Lobby also?
Joe Romeo's Service center? Best I can tell the back two thirds of the Honda Dealership will be a service center and maybe it'll work as a service center for all of their vehicles. The used car dealership doesn't seem to be large enough to have even one bay for a service area but behind it there will be a small car wash. Also looking closer it appears they are planning for the future and are going to have up to 13 EV charging spots and possibly solar panels on the roof (looks like Mountain View Solar will be the ones doing this).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown