Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:24 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times

Advertisements

WVU boosts full time graduate student enrollment topping last year's record enrollment figures.
More than 29,100 expected to enroll.

WVU enrollment higher than initial expectations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 11:29 PM

938 posts, read 2,898,289 times
It took me 55 minutes to drive down 705 today from the hospital to I-68. I wouldn't have if I could have avoided it. That's got to be a record worst time for me. Utterly ridiculous...

Old 08-26-2009, 04:53 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,236,690 times
It's a good year for higher ed. My college is up 12.8% in number of students, and a whopping 23.6% in registrations, compared to Fall 2008.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:11 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,314,623 times
It's a result of the political situation in America.

Wait out the Obama Presidency and qualify for a job by going to school...Degree, Education Upgrade.

Things will recover...might be several years, but the country will recover.

Now is the time for more education...party on WVU!

Old 08-26-2009, 06:05 AM

2,021 posts, read 4,615,978 times
I knew all the fuss earlier about WVU somehow losing enrollment to other schools in the state wasn't going to pan out. Bad economy or not West Virginia University is still a relative bargain compared to schools in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, the DC area, etc.

Either way, I got my season football tickets yesterday and I'm pumped!

Old 08-26-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
It took me 55 minutes to drive down 705 today from the hospital to I-68. I wouldn't have if I could have avoided it. That's got to be a record worst time for me. Utterly ridiculous...
It is absolutely rediculous that the State isn't stepping to the plate here.
They p*ss enough money down the drain with pork barrel projects that they could easily cut loose enough money to meet this pressing demand. Gov. Photo Op brags about surpluss money, but nobody mentions the fact that the reason it is there is because he isn't doing enough to keep pace with urgent needs.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:36 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
It is absolutely rediculous that the State isn't stepping to the plate here.
They p*ss enough money down the drain with pork barrel projects that they could easily cut loose enough money to meet this pressing demand. Gov. Photo Op brags about surpluss money, but nobody mentions the fact that the reason it is there is because he isn't doing enough to keep pace with urgent needs.
Sounds like Morgantown needs immediate highway upgrades between the school and I-68.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:15 AM

2,021 posts, read 4,615,978 times
It's always chaotic the first few days as parents move their kids in, new students with cars learn the streets, and public school starts back up. With the exception of football games and a few intersections downtown, Morgantown traffic isn't really that bad.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAmtneer82 View Post
It's always chaotic the first few days as parents move their kids in, new students with cars learn the streets, and public school starts back up. With the exception of football games and a few intersections downtown, Morgantown traffic isn't really that bad.
I don't know how much time you've spent there lately, but I moved there from the NYC area and I disagree. The area is in dire need of State funds for transportation upgrades. In fact, if the State would do their part the potential for Morgantown growth and development in this age of developing energy research is virtually without limits. For 705 to suddenly drop to 2 lanes when expansion would be virtually painless is rediculous. The fact that the State isn't doing more to help on Beechurst and Mileground is pure neglect and reflects dereliction of duty on the part of State politicos. Don Knotts should have a seemless 4 lane connection to I68 too.

If you've spent much time in the State, you just know they have thrown enough money away on needless, redundant, window dressing programs that they could be doing something about this. I have no idea why the power brokers in Morgantown aren't calling Manchin to task for his neglect, but they should be literally screaming to high heavens about it.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:22 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,314,623 times
One of my favorite redundant programs in Wv was the Industral Park in Wardensville...ha ha ha...
That one alone should have sent Arch to prison...

They (Morgantown) did scream...they were told to fly a kite or come up with the money on their own..

2 % Wage Tax was shot down...was the wrong program...put a .25 cent charge on all fast food orders and let the transient public help pay for the roads...It wouldn't take much to do that...

Manchini, btw, has made his money and is eyeing the Senate...bow humbly before the Lord...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown