Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,335 times

Advertisements

This has been a NIGHTMARE!!!! Started out July of 2009...picked out double wide, filled out application w/mobile home dealer who sent it to a loan company for fha loan. Didn't hear anything for 3 weeks. Called back mobile home dealer who called loan company. Loan company finally called, said they were being bought out by another company faxed me packet to fill out. Filled out packet and sent back along with copies of all my bank statements, w-2's and all. Didn't hear back from them until Oct. they called and asked if I was still interested. I said we were now considering building. They said that would be easier to get loan for. So we started shopping house plans. Found one we liked and got estimate from contractor and submitted Jan. 22 and of course had to refill and send all paperwork. Didn't hear anything again. Called repeatedly. Loan officer said too much time expired and needed to resubmit everything. Kept getting run around. Finally, May 2010 we were assigned a new loan officer because the apparantly the loan officer we had kept submitting it with wrong numbers and it kept getting rejected. New loan officer said our paperwork was a mess and threw it all out and started over yet again. Loan officer sent in underwriting packet June 12. It is now July 28 and all my loan officer will say is that she hasn't heard anything, they aren't releasing funds due to some bill in congress. The loan company they sent it to is American Southwest Mortgage in Dallas, Texas. I called them but they said I would have to talk to my loan officer!!!! I thought the bill in congress was only for USDA loans. Can anyone tell me what's going on????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 04:30 PM

1,673 posts, read 7,018,907 times
Seems you are working with a lot of incapable people. Yes, the bill in Congress has to do with USDA. Is your loan a USDA loan?

I would recommend you get rid of this lender and find a new one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages