U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2010, 09:02 PM

3 posts, read 3,888 times

Advertisements

I live in codo. Right now my first mortgage interest rate is 6.0%(30 yrs fixed) with BOA and second mortgage interest rate is pretty low with another bank as home equity loan. Right now I cannot afford to put any downpayment for refinancing. My condo value depreciated almost 50K than what I bought 3 yrs back. I am planning to stay here for at least another 2yrs or until my property value strike even.

Is it possible & sensible to do refinance with zero down, even a small amount I can save monthly will be great help at this time. BOA refused to refinance without 20% down and with no room for equity. Any information will help thanks.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 09:41 PM

28,461 posts, read 76,531,718 times
Default When say "zero down" I am not sure you understand what that means...

...what matters for a REFI is not "how much downpayment" you can afford but what sort of equity (if any) you have.

If you originally put "nothing down" and your condo has declined in value then refinancing is pretty much I possible UNLESS you have neen making payments for so long that your equity is still above what you owe. (which is all bit impossible as you've only be in the place for three years...)

Having lost approximately $50k in value is important, but only as a it relates to EQUITY...

I have to say that I really donut even the most optimistic real estate prognosticator beleived that real estate will be zooming up over the next two years.

Without more details, like how much you originally financed, how much equity you may have, overall finacial situation it is impossible to recommend your next move...

Old 11-29-2010, 06:55 AM

1,675 posts, read 6,663,214 times
Need more information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages