Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2010, 06:03 AM

843 posts, read 1,431,124 times

Advertisements

I know I haven't shared my trials and tribulations but I've been reading other people's posts and know what it feels like not to know if I was going to close.

We had to push back the closing from Friday to Monday because the re-reappraisal was taking so long to get from the person who did the appraisal. Thought we were going to have to switch from a conventional loan to a FHA loan because of the "over-supply" of houses in the area. But, at the last minute when my loan officer was pushing to get the appraisal paperwork they noticed that the appraisal wasn't right that there wasn't an over-supply so back to conventional we went. It was scheduled to close at 11 am then 12 pm then 1:45pm and finally around 3:30 we got everything. Yipee!

For all those that are wondering if you will close. You will, but you just can't push water!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 09:38 AM

40 posts, read 278,652 times
Congrats!! It felt like a minor miracle when we finally closed on our house. So many little factors have to be juggled and coordinated, but the waiting was the worst part for me.

Enjoy your new home!

Old 12-23-2010, 05:03 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,039,906 times
Woohoo! Congrats to you! I know that feeling. We closed couple months ago after a stressful process. If it's meant to be then it's meant to be, but it sure as heck was a painful process.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:24 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Congrats. I did the same thing earlier this year. It was nerve-wracking, and every once in a while I have to remind myself that I won't have to move again for a long, long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages