Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2007, 02:34 PM

9 posts, read 43,349 times

Advertisements

I am buying an REO from Countrywide and am getting my loan through Rural Development (already approved). Through their selling agent, CW had accepted my offer and I, my agent and RD were waiting for them to send signed papers back so RD can proceed.
CW is now saying that I need to fill out a loan application through them. Their agent is saying that I can even do this online at their site.
Is this right? Or even legal?
It is really bothering me that I have already been pre-approved for a loan through RD and CW is claiming I need to do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 04:09 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,768,687 times
This is the norm with Country Wide properties for sale.

Every listing that I have ever seen has that exact disclaimer in the remarks somewhere.

It basically says any potential buyer or purchaser must have a pre-qualification done through countrywide. It does not mean you have to use them.

Didn't you sign a bunch of addendums that were added to your contract? Normally there is a piece in the addenda about this.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:58 PM

"Proof of funds must accompany all offers." was the only thing related to financing in the agent remarks section.
The only papers they have wanted me to sign, and I understand why, are the "AS IS" stuff and the mold release form (fire dept, was rebuilt and remodeled, house inspection will confirm or not on that work, if I get that far)

Old 09-02-2007, 08:47 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times
Countrywide is 'notorious' of stealing customers.

they will make it very hard for your current lender.....and take you away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifkinn View Post
"Proof of funds must accompany all offers." was the only thing related to financing in the agent remarks section.
The only papers they have wanted me to sign, and I understand why, are the "AS IS" stuff and the mold release form (fire dept, was rebuilt and remodeled, house inspection will confirm or not on that work, if I get that far)

Old 09-02-2007, 10:08 PM

well, they aren't stealing this one, lol. I'm getting a 502 direct loan from Rural Development with a great interest rate for 33 yrs. I don't think they will ever top it, lol

Old 09-03-2007, 01:17 PM

109 posts, read 532,171 times
Default Is it true??

I wanted to buy a foreclosure home at the sheriff auction, they told me that I need it to have the full amount in cash in order to participate in the auction, I have been pre-aproved for a loan and I require to have from the seller pay the closing cost. Do I really have to have CASH?? can my loan be used to buy the house?

Old 09-04-2007, 08:46 AM

Well Charlottean, you were right.
My agent and I both missed the information in their paperwork that they had something about me putting in an application with them (not that I have to use it though). She was real sorry about it and offered to pay my earnest money out of her pocket if I still wanted to back out. I don't because this house is really the only thing I have seen in this area that fits my budget and Rd's requirements (hoping it also passes the house inspections as well)

Old 09-04-2007, 04:28 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,768,687 times
Yep, pretty standard stuff with them.

Pretty straight forward deals with them so don't worry too much. They have sold a few you know !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages