Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 02:40 PM

18 posts, read 116,755 times

Advertisements

I have been with my current employer over 3.5 years. Recently, I signed a contract on a condo and applied for a mortgage. The mortgage was supposed to close more than a week ago. Due to an inefficient processor, the close was delayed and is scheduled for this Friday. The problem is I start a new job on Monday. The lender/ processor called to verify my employment today and instead of HR simply saying yes she works here they told the lender of my impending resignation. So what I though was a mortgage that was CTC has been reopened. Underwriting is saying that they require 30 days of salary for a new job. I provided them with a copy of my offer letter. My issue is my salary is stable, Im just changing employers. Nevertheless, 30 days means Im screwed and have lost the house. No real question, just venting. Has anyone gone through anything similar and figured out a way to still close as scheduled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 06:36 PM

4,567 posts, read 10,650,140 times
Its likely you will loose the house. Next time dont change jobs in the middle of an offer.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:39 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,905,462 times
I can't tell where you are ......or know what kind of loan you are seeking.....but depending upon those answers, there are work-arounds. The latest Desktop Underwriting update removed the 30 day paystub requirement, so you need someone that doesn't have overlays.

What state are you in? What kind of loan are you seeking?

I would have more of an issue with the employer. They are asked if you are still working there, period. (or as least suppose to) Go ask for the exact conversation that took place. Any volunteering of additional information is a violation of your privacy. I'd take a trip down to HR once you had some answers.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:01 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,270,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 2011 View Post
I have been with my current employer over 3.5 years. Recently, I signed a contract on a condo and applied for a mortgage. The mortgage was supposed to close more than a week ago. Due to an inefficient processor, the close was delayed and is scheduled for this Friday. The problem is I start a new job on Monday. The lender/ processor called to verify my employment today and instead of HR simply saying yes she works here they told the lender of my impending resignation. So what I though was a mortgage that was CTC has been reopened. Underwriting is saying that they require 30 days of salary for a new job. I provided them with a copy of my offer letter. My issue is my salary is stable, Im just changing employers. Nevertheless, 30 days means Im screwed and have lost the house. No real question, just venting. Has anyone gone through anything similar and figured out a way to still close as scheduled.
Well first off, you should have told you loan officer prior to even going forward with the new job, but thats besides the point.

Depending on the loan you have makes a difference as well.

The former HR dept by law (depending on state) is only able to verify your emplyment status. Any other info they may give they should have, nor should the lender be using it as leverage for their decision should it go south.

Call you LO and tell them the story,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages