Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 01:33 PM

554 posts, read 623,180 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I received a letter from Quicken Loans stating they can help me refinance thru a HARP program. I have received these letters in the past and trashed them because I thought it was a scam. Does anybody
know anything about Quicken loans. Are they reputable?
Any info you can give me I would appreciate. Thanks......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 02:39 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
Scam is too harsh, that implies that they are going to separate you from your money in a close to illegal way. That probably won't happen. if you do call or email them you will have gone from "generic name of the millions that they send worthless marketing info" to "live person with a mortgage that we can use every marketing angle in the book to try to sign-up for a refi with some quasi-legit associated lender". Not good.

Anyone can surf over to Making Home Affordable and relatively quickly determine if the are eligible for HARP. If you are there is no reason not to contact a local mortgage broker who will more than likely be able to get a rate better than any giant marketing driven organization like Quicken...

Old 11-01-2011, 03:07 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,046 times
I work with Quicken as part of my side job and they are very reputable. In fact, I am in communication with them right now about possibly refinancing with them. I've closed loans with Quicken over the past 3 years, and they were nothing but professional and accurate 90% of the time. There was a time (many many years ago) when some of their Loan Officers weren't very good or unprepared, but that is no longer the case. They seem to be very much on top of their game right now. Definitely not a scam.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:31 AM

1,673 posts, read 7,018,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
I work with Quicken as part of my side job and they are very reputable. In fact, I am in communication with them right now about possibly refinancing with them. I've closed loans with Quicken over the past 3 years, and they were nothing but professional and accurate 90% of the time. There was a time (many many years ago) when some of their Loan Officers weren't very good or unprepared, but that is no longer the case. They seem to be very much on top of their game right now. Definitely not a scam.

So they either lied or misled you 10% of the time and you are okay with that?

Old 11-03-2011, 11:05 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
I consider 10% a very high inaccuracy rate as well!

Old 11-04-2011, 07:49 PM

4,565 posts, read 10,656,913 times
I know someone who tried to use them, they ran tons of credit inquires, for the same loan. They call 2-5 times a day, often a different person. They finally told Quicken "forget it"

Thats all I know.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:18 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorBurek View Post
So they either lied or misled you 10% of the time and you are okay with that?
I meant to say 99% of the time...FWIW, they close loans in several states, NY is just one market...I am actually dealing with a loan officer over there right now for my own refi, he has been helpful.

Before you knock them, try them out yourself. Everyones individual circumstances will vary.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:35 AM

13 posts, read 53,852 times
In my experience with them. They are very high pressure, make all the promises you want to hear. As soon as they get your 500.00, they keep it and you get nothing.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:40 AM

58 posts, read 181,302 times
Yeah I'm going through a VA streamline refi process right now, I got GFEs from several lenders including Quicken. They had the highest closing costs, claimed some savings were only good if I agreed to the loan that specific day, were high pressure and called way too many times. Wasn't impressed at all. On the other side, working with lowvarates.com (flagship financial) has been extremely pleasant with great rates (3.75 for me) and real customer service. I will never recommend Quicken to anyone.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:53 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,919,247 times
Yesterday, I was told by the customer he was applying with me because, 1) I had already returned his call and worked up scenarios for him before the big box bank even returned his call (4 days!) and 2) he was able to reach me on my cell. Wow, getting business because a customer can reach me, how unique. <That's heavily laced sarcasm for those that need assistance from Captain Obvious>

The icing on the cake was when he finally got the return call (same day as locking with me) and the my rate was better. <It's common knowledge the big boxes increase rates when they havee too much business in their pipeline, in an effort to slow things down>

After working for one of the big guys and then returning to the local, regional lender, it's amazing the giants are still around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages