Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 05:28 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,616,343 times

Advertisements

So after lots of back and forth we need this info. we need that info. I finally got approved by the underwriter. I am set to close on my condo exactly one week from today. I have asked my lender and agent more than enough questions so now I turn to you.. those that have been through this first hand. Is this the light at the end of the tunnel? Does this typically mean closing is the last hurdle? Should I feel a sense of relief but yet still have my gaurd up? Will they ask for more bank statments? I plan on doing nothing but normal account activity but I am just curious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 08:19 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,994,639 times
They will most likely call to re-verify employment the final day before funding. They will also run your credit again (don't buy anything!). Make sure you wire or get a cashiers checks for your funds from the bank you said it would come from or you will have to re-document everything from the new account.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:22 AM

1,673 posts, read 7,016,839 times
Sounds like you are good to go. As Nina stated, they will probably verify your employment

Old 12-30-2011, 08:10 PM

8,673 posts, read 22,905,462 times
You most likely are good to go......but a piece of advice.....keep your most recent bank statements with you, so they can be faxed at the drop of a dime. If you don't have access to your account info during the day, have someone on hand that can access and fax your information for you.

Why? (Keep in mind I know nothing about your file). If you were approved showing you needed 15K to close, and now the HUD says you need $15,001, they need to show you have the funds. Or? Seller is paying up to 5K closing, and you aren't using it all up. Now, in the 11th hour, you need to show your check for the home inspection cleared so you can get those funds back....and so on. Again, not likely, and these issues are not overly common, but they do happen. Worse result that could happen, you have an envelope in your car.

Good luck and don't panic if you get a call. Call your title company on Tuesday and make sure they have telephone numbers where to reach you when the final number is available. Call your lender on Tuesday and make sure your file has been cleared to close. Ask them specifically if they have reviewd your fire policy and are okay with it.......other than the pre-close employment verif and soft pull, not much more to happen.

Good luck and enjoy!

Old 12-30-2011, 09:27 PM

819 posts, read 3,207,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
They will most likely call to re-verify employment the final day before funding. They will also run your credit again (don't buy anything!). Make sure you wire or get a cashiers checks for your funds from the bank you said it would come from or you will have to re-document everything from the new account.

Why would they run credit twice? We only run it again if it's stale, and that is normally after 90 days.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:37 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,994,639 times
Because buyers do things like going out and buying a house full of furniture on credit just before closing on their new house. Now their DTI is too high and no longer qualify. Or they buy a new car. Or spend thousands on Christmas presents. Happens all the time. I always tell my buyers not to buy anything on credit after they have an accepted offer.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:16 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,799,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdotAllen View Post
Why would they run credit twice? We only run it again if it's stale, and that is normally after 90 days.
THis is beomcing the new norm. For many lenders, they've always run the credit again. For some lenders, this is new.

I wouldn't take a deep breath until you've been told you have a "clear to close".

Old 01-01-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
THis is beomcing the new norm. For many lenders, they've always run the credit again. For some lenders, this is new.

I wouldn't take a deep breath until you've been told you have a "clear to close".
That is actually the words in her email:

Hi!

I just received you clear to close from the Underwriting Department!!!! I have submitted your file to my closer, I will send you your HUD-1 settlement statement as soon as I receive it from the title company. This will have your final amount to bring to closing. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!!!!

Old 01-03-2012, 04:58 AM

8,673 posts, read 22,905,462 times
As a routine practice, most lenders order a soft pull within 48 hours of purchase, looking for new furniture or appliance purchases (well, any purchase on credit). If there are inquiries, they must be explained and if the balances increase by more than 5%, the underwriter must sign off on the new information.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
As a routine practice, most lenders order a soft pull within 48 hours of purchase, looking for new furniture or appliance purchases (well, any purchase on credit). If there are inquiries, they must be explained and if the balances increase by more than 5%, the underwriter must sign off on the new information.
Good to know! Good thing I havent put anything on credit in 6-7 months!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages