Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 04:37 PM

3 posts, read 11,161 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find out if my Itemized Fee Worksheet (IFW) should be over $2000 different than my GFE. My GFE states a little over seven thousand and my IFW states almost 10 thousand. It states that I have a lender credit of $5350, my seller is paying up to $6000 and I still have to pay $4500. It says that my closing costs are 13,900 on the IFW. None of the fees on the pages add up to that amount can someone please help me because I am very confused at this time and think my loan originator is trying to get over. Is my down payment of 3.5% included in my settlement charges or does that have to be added on at the end?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 04:48 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,916,596 times
Doe the IFW state anywhere on it, "total cash to close?" Have the seller and lender credits been reflected in those numbers?

Sorry, but you need to stop assuming everyone is out to take advantage of you and ask your lender for a detailed explanation, over and over, until you understand it. Asking us to explain something we can't see is me asking you if you have enough gas in your car. We can't say.

The Good Faith Estimate is courtesy of your Federal Government to hold lender's feet to the fire to make sure the consumer is ripped off. Don't like the form? Call 1 800 CALL FHA. The form is already being redone, but without a head to the agency that is creating the new form, don't look for the new form any time soon.

Sorry, but it's a bit exhausting hearing the lender is ripping off the consumer when their ability to do their job has been cut off every way possible.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:33 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,808,870 times
The new form is so confusing. It does not simplify things like it was supposed to. I refinanced my house last month and even I was confused trying to figure out the numbers. It's not an apples to apples comparison like they kept telling us the form would create.

As for the OP, without viewing what you're viewing, we can't tell you what you're looking at. Not sure why closing costs would be over $13k on an FHA loan. Must be a high price point or lots of points you're paying.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:58 PM

Thanks for the comments. I spoke to another loan officer and they cleared up the numbers. It was a mistake in the typing of the documents.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:02 PM

@ FalconHead I am not sure why the closing costs are so high. Guess its because my FICO is 650.
@ SmartMoney.. My loan originator is not the lender. I do not think the lender is trying to rip me off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages