Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 02:50 PM

9 posts, read 69,193 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Not sure where to post this questions. I need to provide the lender i am working with a letter stating that my wife pays no rent and that i am the one financially responsible paying the rent for the apartment we live in. Ive scoured all over to try to find a sample letter. Could some provide me with one or stir me in the right direction? I appreciate everyone's help.

-Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 02:55 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Maybe I am being dense, but can't you just say what you just wrote? If that is what the lender needs to see, why can't you just write what he asks for? (Seems kind of bizarre though! If it's something they have asked other customers for, don't THEY have a sample? That it, can't THEY just TELL YOU exactly what you need to state?)

It seems odd to me because it's just something you're stating ... kind of like the no-doc, stated income loans that some banks used to do (as in, "I hereby state that my income is $200,000 a year. sincerely, me").

Old 03-07-2012, 03:12 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
I agree, don't overthink it.

Dear Mortgage Company,

I, Joe Smith, am solely responsible for paying the rent for the apartment at 123 Main Street. My wife, Jane Smith, does not pay the rent.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:12 PM

680 posts, read 1,920,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniax99 View Post
Hello,

Not sure where to post this questions. I need to provide the lender i am working with a letter stating that my wife pays no rent and that i am the one financially responsible paying the rent for the apartment we live in. Ive scoured all over to try to find a sample letter. Could some provide me with one or stir me in the right direction? I appreciate everyone's help.

-Thanks
Can't you just show them the lease showing that you are the only one responsible for it?

If both of your names are on it, you are both financially responsible no matter what you write in a letter.

If you broke your lease, your landlord could go after both of you.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:10 AM

835 posts, read 3,977,249 times
This is your LO's responsibility- they should be able to clearly communicate what they need and why they need it- ask them. Its a sad review of them if you have to come here to ask about what needs to be done to satisfy a condition on your loan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages