Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 07:40 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,318,181 times

Advertisements

You do not have to be a US citizen to buy property in the US. There are loans set up for that but it is done as a "Foreign National" status. However, those loans require 20% or more down and you STILL have to verify where your money comes from and where you keep it, even if it is in London banks, Australian or anywhere else. You do have to have valid identification from your home country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 04:57 PM

646 posts, read 1,787,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fporta View Post
I did not fill my application yet, I'm waiting for my future wife citzenship.
Probably I'll get my papers next year around june/july.
After this september 30 I'll get illegal.
My Driver's license expire september 30 as well...

Can I get any loan with no DL and legal status?
I would be more worried about your status than a loan. Since your visa is expiring you will be in the US under what's called "unauthorized stay." This could lead to denial of your green card application, even though the government tends to overlook that when a spouse files the petition for you.

And to respond to someone else, the driver's license can't be renewed unless there is evidence that the visa has been extended, that's why the expiration date equals the end of the visa.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:49 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,147,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fporta View Post
I did not fill my application yet, I'm waiting for my future wife citzenship.
Probably I'll get my papers next year around june/july.
After this september 30 I'll get illegal.
My Driver's license expire september 30 as well...

Can I get any loan with no DL and legal status?
How long do you think it'll take to process a green card? When I did a DCF for my ex, it took 14 months...and those take less time than ones filed in the USA.

Silly question, but why don't you go home? The overstay will not go unnoticed, you know. When you go to fill out your application, if you lie about being out of status and get found out later you'll be in trouble. I think if you're here over 180 days out of status, you will have to file a waiver to be issued a green card and your waiver might be denied...meaning you'll have to leave.

I think you should go to VisaJourney.com : Marriage and Family Immigration to the USA (K Visa) and tell them what you're about to do...see what they have to say.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
I would be more worried about your status than a loan. Since your visa is expiring you will be in the US under what's called "unauthorized stay." This could lead to denial of your green card application, even though the government tends to overlook that when a spouse files the petition for you.
Not always! I used to post on an immigration board and there were dozens of sob stories where one spouse was sitting out a multi-year ban in their home country because they'd stayed in the US illegally, like the OP is about to do.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:45 AM

609 posts, read 2,117,968 times
Obviously lots of people here do not understand. I have several friends that are illegal and have mortgage loans, all through Wells Fargo. If you can repay they do not care if you are legal or not. Some have SS cards, some fake SS cards and some no SS cards.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregandvicky View Post
Obviously lots of people here do not understand. I have several friends that are illegal and have mortgage loans, all through Wells Fargo. If you can repay they do not care if you are legal or not. Some have SS cards, some fake SS cards and some no SS cards.
That is why I boycott Wells Fargo and encourage others to do the same.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:58 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,007 times
Nobody should be 'boycotting' those who help the illegal aliens who are working, and actually wanting to live the 'American dream'. Everybody in the US has been in the same boat.........

We should be trying to get rid of those who are abusing the system, and get them out!

Old 09-27-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banker0679 View Post
Nobody should be 'boycotting' those who help the illegal aliens who are working, and actually wanting to live the 'American dream'. Everybody in the US has been in the same boat.........

We should be trying to get rid of those who are abusing the system, and get them out!
I disagree. Illegals have no right to be here; I don't care if they work or not, have mortgages or not, have children born in the United States or not...they need to leave. Today. Now. I'll help them pack their bags. I'll even give 'em a ride to the bus station. Just get out of my country and come back the LEGAL way.

I boycott companies that I feel are pandering to illegals and making their continued lawbreaking presence in this country easier. That includes Wells Fargo. That is my right as an American citizen who has EVERY RIGHT to be in the United States.

As for those abusing the system...EVERY illegal is abusing the system simply by being here. Send them all home.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:21 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I disagree. Illegals have no right to be here; I don't care if they work or not, have mortgages or not, have children born in the United States or not...they need to leave. Today. Now. I'll help them pack their bags. I'll even give 'em a ride to the bus station. Just get out of my country and come back the LEGAL way.

I boycott companies that I feel are pandering to illegals and making their continued lawbreaking presence in this country easier. That includes Wells Fargo. That is my right as an American citizen who has EVERY RIGHT to be in the United States.

As for those abusing the system...EVERY illegal is abusing the system simply by being here. Send them all home.

Bravo!!!!!

Old 09-27-2007, 08:37 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,007 times
that's RIDICULOUS. Your ancestors came to the United States as immigrants.

You might as well boycott Bank of America for giving out credit cards to illegals.....Most major banks give out credit cards/loans to illegal aliens....you have to have your money somewhere..boycott all the Food Stores because they sell food to the illegal aliens........oh I forgot you have to eat.
Boycott Tyson chicken, Coca Cola...for hiring illegals.....I forgot...we need to eat chicken and drink coke.

Might as well boycott Texas for allowing all those illegal aliens to come in through the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages