Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 05:11 PM

17 posts, read 49,222 times

Advertisements

it took us three weeks to get a contract executed because of cartus.now here we are 1 month later with all our stuff packed,and no house.our lender gave us a clear to close last thursday.we are waiting on cartus to get back with the title company so they can agree with title and lender to a close date.we already had to get the date extened on contract to the 5th.all we are waiting on is cartus. im afraid cartus isnt going to get with the title company before the 5th(close date on contract).which means we'll have to get the contract extended again which means cartus will have to sign off on it.this is a nightmare.has anyone had to deal with cartus? and is there anything i can do at all? my realtor acts like its no big deal and that she has bigger fish to fry.she is not representing my best interest at all.i think its because i didnt use the lender she recommended.ive tried contacting cartus.they said i, as the buyer ,have to go through my title company or agent.they wont help me..is there any rule or law stating i cant contact the selling agent?maybe he can call his contact at cartus and get the ball rolling.our loan is done.just waiting on stupid cartus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,319,394 times
What exactly are you waiting on? Be very specific. I've worked with Cartus hundreds of times. Do you have a Direct Bill of closing costs being paid by them? What is hung up?

Old 04-01-2013, 05:39 PM

6,815 posts, read 11,534,335 times
See if you can close without Cartus' involvement and be reimbursed later for expenses they would have paid. That's what we ended up doing with them in 2006. The house we were selling needed a new roof due to hail damage, my insurance company agreed, the only hang up was it was not physically feasible to get it done before our closing date. Everybody was fine with the roof work being done after closing, except Cartus. Ended up costing me my "bonus" for finding a "real" buyer rather than having them have to buy it. Still ticked off about that.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:24 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,801,403 times
I can't tell if Cartus is on the buyer's side or the seller's side. If Cartus is on your side, as the buyer, Cartus very much will talk with you. YOU are their client. Each client has a dedicated person who they work with. I'm working with a Cartus family right now, and have worked with many in the past.

If Cartus is on the Seller's side, then no, you cannot talk with them. They are probably doing a simultaneous closing which means they have to sign everything, not the seller. However, the title company should be on the ball making sure things happen in the time frame allotted.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
What exactly are you waiting on? Be very specific. I've worked with Cartus hundreds of times. Do you have a Direct Bill of closing costs being paid by them? What is hung up?
sorry i wasnt clear. i am the buyer. my lender has given me a clear to close.my loan processor says she cannot make up the closing docs without putting a closing date on them.she and the title company have agreed on the 3rd.i have been told that cartus needs to contact the title company and "agree" on the 3rd also before she can make up the closing docs.i am paying all of the closing fees. i just need cartus to contact the title company so we can all "agree" on a closing date.this transaction will be outright silly if we need to extend the contract again.my realtor is upset with me because ive been trying to contact the title company and everyone related to get some answers.im just trying to close this deal and get my keys.thats all.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:05 PM

Hm, no direct bill, can't create a HUD without a closing date, either. Where are your Loan Officer and Relocation Consultant in all of this, they should be all over it. Also, your employer rep who deals w/Cartus should pitch in. Very frustrating.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:30 PM

i am just the buyer. the seller was relocated by cartus. i dont even know who they are. all i know is that we are having to deal with cartus as the seller. you're right,the hud cant be made up till we get a close date.

my contract ends on the 5th. in order to get an extension,cartus will have to sign off on it.WELL IF THEY CAN SIGN OFF ON A CONTRACT EXTENSION,SHOULDNT THEY BE ABLE TO GET BACK WITH MY TITLE COMPANY AND AGREE TO A CLOSING DATE?!! jeez.what a nightmare. is there anything i can do? i cant contact cartus.can i contact the listing agent? my douchebag realtor sure isnt going to contact anyone.she just waits for people to call her.im trying to be proactive and get things done asap.thanks for yall's feedback btw.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:45 PM

OK, so you are buying a house that is "owned" by Cartus right now, via BVO/GBO. Ooh. Who is the selling agent on your contract? Contact him/her directly, be nice, and ask how you might help bring timely resolution to your closing.

The selling agent wants the $$. Cartus has already been paid by the employer, and sure, they get their money back when the house sells, but their people could care less about hitting the original closing date, you're not their customer.

Sucks, yes, but that's why the Selling agent is your key.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:27 PM

yep. i will try contacting the selling agent.its gonna **** off my realtor,but i really dont care.i need to get this done asap.im also going to be persistant with the title company also.the title company needs to be hounding cartus.otherwise we wont close by the 5th.i was hoping someone had a magical contact very high in rank at cartus that could help me.but i,as the buyer, can not contact cartus.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:50 PM

936 posts, read 2,201,839 times
Every area is different, but a lot of title companies aren't interested in getting in between someone elses' battles. The title company isn't causing the problem- it's apparently Cartus.

Do you have an attorney? The attorney should be threatening to enforce the contract as written. So long as you handle your side of the transaction with getting rid of any contingencies then your attorney should threaten to sue for specific performance based upon your sales contract. It's Cartus' problem if they don't want to cooperate. Are there provisions in your contract with respect to non-peformance? You shouldn't have to be forced to change dates on your contract. They have a legal obligation to meet those dates, if not, then be subject to legal action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages