Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:06 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times

Advertisements

I need a fridge for our new place. All paper work is at the tite co is it OK to do it now? We wil be closing on the 30th and I called up sears to see if we came in on the 30th pm could I still get sat or sun delivery.They said it depends if all the trucks are full we also might want to get a washer and dryer since I have a front loader that I hate and could use as a bargining tool when and if we sell. they also have no interest and payments for a year and that is how we buy all major items
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 06:55 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,680,321 times
Check out the "return" policy at your retailers so that if *God forbid* something happened and you didn't close, you can return the appliances. Go ahead and place order for your appliances for a specific date.

Be careful with those "no-interest and payments for a year" deals, and make sure you have the whole thing paid off within the specified period, or you'll be paying a lot of retroactive interest.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:23 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
lorriem
Do you already have an account there or will they need to run your credit ?
The reason I ask is the lender will run a final credit report right before closing
Granted the inquiry will only be a few points hit but if your score is close to the range scale say 700 this might put it under.

I always say do nothing credit wise till you have signed on the dotted line

Old 11-27-2007, 10:41 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,372,565 times
Complaints: Why I'm Never Shopping At Sears Again

If you buy from Lowes, you can get your appliances delivered the next day.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
Check out the "return" policy at your retailers so that if *God forbid* something happened and you didn't close, you can return the appliances. Go ahead and place order for your appliances for a specific date.

Be careful with those "no-interest and payments for a year" deals, and make sure you have the whole thing paid off within the specified period, or you'll be paying a lot of retroactive interest.
We always do the no interest no payments for a year and then use hubby's bonus or income tax return.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
lorriem
The reason I ask is the lender will run a final credit report right before closing
Granted the inquiry will only be a few points hit but if your score is close to the range scale say 700 this might put it under.

We have not opened a store credit card in years but yes Sears we have had for many years and only use that for big ticket items.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
lorriem

Thank you Carla but I have only charged a few things for my granddaughter and one of my grandsons for Xmas the other one has no idea what he wants thankgod. Our credit score is from all three 760 780 and 810.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:16 AM

lorriem
Your scores are great I wouldn't worry a bit then.
You are well above the 720 threshold.

We just got new appliances(we also used the one year same as cash) and found that lowes or home depot will offer 10% off if you "play one against the other"

The one tip I always use when fridge shopping is take the drinking cup or glass you use to make sure it fits in the ice dispenser area.lol
I know that sounds strange but I use the big 32 oz foam cups and they didn't fit in most of the dispensers.
A early congratulations on your new home

Karla

Old 11-28-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
lorriem
Your scores are great I wouldn't worry a bit then.
You are well above the 720 threshold.

We just got new appliances(we also used the one year same as cash) and found that lowes or home depot will offer 10% off if you "play one against the other"

The one tip I always use when fridge shopping is take the drinking cup or glass you use to make sure it fits in the ice dispenser area.lol
I know that sounds strange but I use the big 32 oz foam cups and they didn't fit in most of the dispensers.
A early congratulations on your new home

Karla

Karla I worry even if I don't Have to. Hubby even says if I do not have anything to worry about I will find something to worry about. Thanks for the info anbout Lowes and home depot and the glass . I really want a freezer on the bottom I just need to find out how much room I have for the fridge.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:25 PM

lorriem
we just got the LG french door fridge with water and ice in the door and the freezer on the bottom
I love it !! It has so much more room in the fridge part that a side by side
it fit right int he spot our side by side was

can't wait to see your "we closed and moved in post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages