Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 04:35 PM

3 posts, read 8,098 times

Advertisements

I recently signed a contract for a new construction home and received a fees worksheet from the lender about a week ago. When using the preferred lender the seller puts in 6k towards closing cost which I assigned 4k for closing and 2k towards upgrade. My credit score is 739. FHA 30 yr fixed.

Are all these fees normal and needed? Does this sound like a good offer?

I would like to know someones opinion on this.

Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
FHA Loan Fee's Worksheet - Preferred Lender-fees-worksheet.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 08:08 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,916,596 times
Okay, the fees look fine, but the rate/Origination Fee seem high, but it doesn't matter, you aren't locking this far out. Your loan officer is preparing you for realistic possibilities. I would be more concerned if it was prepared at 3.75% with no origination fee.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:54 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Very Helpful!

Old 03-05-2014, 06:26 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,916,596 times
When is your projected closing date? That date can and will change. But when they are framing, you should be within 60 days to lock. When you lock with your builder's lender, that is the time to shop rate, origination fee and discount points. If you find your builder out of line, get other quotes and take the quotes back to your lender and ask for a match in rate/points. It won't do any harm and if they refuse, bring the discrepancy to your builder's attention (in writing, to main office). Oversight is painful right now and timing is everything. Two years ago you would be told to take a hike. I don't think so now.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:56 AM

The projected closing date was June 30, but I requested to have it changed to July 30 since my current lease finishes in late August. The lender did say it was to early to lock and he would monitor the rates. If he notice they started to go up we could arrange some thing to lock earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages