Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 11:04 AM

168 posts, read 370,380 times

Advertisements

I'm just stressing out while I wait, lol.

Our lender is putting our entire file before the underwriters before we make an offer on the house we want, just to be safe due to my husband's new job.

We heard back at the end of last week that our file was sent back for clarification on our two large deposits into our checking account (401k and tax refund) and then it was sent back to the underwriters for approval. In my mind, the fact that they asked for clarification instead of denying it means we are good to go, but I am a big time worrier, so I am still stressing out while we wait.

We are moving from PA to TX, so this is a huge move for us, but one we are very excited for! I am probably stressing out for nothing, but I can't help it.

Does anyone else think the same as me; that they would have denied it instead of asking for clarification? That I am worrying over nothing? Or do you think I should be worried and that clarification means nothing and we could still be denied?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 03:18 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,328,307 times
Can't really say - too many variables in play. Hopefully your lender understands Relocation.

But, yes, it would seem that a couple large deposits being the only raised questions, that you would seem to be in a good position.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:39 PM

I've emailed our lender twice today, just to see where we are in the process and to make sure he has everything he asked for (and I sent in) on Friday. No response... I've checked his profile on Zillow Advice and he has been active on there today! Would be nice for him to respond to us, even if it's just letting us know he's still waiting. Don't just leave us hanging...

Old 03-11-2014, 07:20 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,451,982 times
They want everything in writing, sometimes twice or three times. It is much harder to get a loan now, so not a bad idea. At least you will know what you can get. You should be able to get a lot more house down here. Good luck.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:38 AM

8,678 posts, read 22,934,266 times
Relax, source of funds documentation is a standard request and nothing to be concerned about if you know the source of those deposits.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:27 AM

Thank you! We are very excited, and anxious, for our upcoming move. It'll mean my husband will be home nearly every weekend, instead of only once a month. :-) That's a big reason we are so nervous about it all. The kids and I really want to get down there so we can all be together more!

Old 03-12-2014, 01:24 PM

I am beyond ticked off right now! Our lender finally got back to us this morning. The underwriters came back; approved with conditions. Well, the conditions apparently (as our lender was not too clear) are that he is paid by mileage with his new job and was hourly at his old one. He is still a w2 employee, though, and our lender knew this from the beginning! He said he spoke with his underwriters and it wouldn't be a problem because he is a w2 employee. But now, it looks as though it is a problem... He's a truck driver. He had a job working local up until January when he was let go, so in order to support our family, he decided to go back over the road with a really good company. So we decided to move to TX where the main terminal is because all trips begin and end there, so he'd be able to come home every week while waiting for his next load. By staying here in PA, he has to take time off to come home, and will only be home once a month! This really ticks me off that this lender knew EVERYTHING, said it was no problem and that he was positive it would all work out, and then tell us that it probably won't work... Ughhh!

Sorry, I'm just livid right now. I guess we have to start the process all over again, which is difficult to do with my husband being on the road...

Old 03-12-2014, 01:25 PM

They should have told you that at pre-approval, the first day you sent tax returns.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:29 PM

Exactly! He told us he checked with his underwriters and that everything was okay. If he was paid by 1099, then it would have been an issue, but since he's w2, we were fine.

ETA: I emailed him to ask when we would hear a definitive answer or if we should start looking at other options. He responded to give him 24 hours and he promises to have a solid answer for us. He said that it was approved but with conditions and he wants to try to get the conditions off before telling us to go ahead and make an offer on the house we want.

Last edited by Carrscandles; 03-12-2014 at 01:39 PM..

Old 03-12-2014, 02:19 PM

Hopefully they are including accurate tax numbers and HOA, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages