U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 02:18 PM

168 posts, read 335,322 times

Advertisements

Ugh, just getting irritated. Our lender asked for our tax returns for the third time! He's had them since the beginning, asked for them again a couple weeks ago, and again today. Shouldn't they already be part of our file from the first time I sent them? They haven't changed!

All I know is this better go through. Already approved, but with conditions because of my husband's new job, so our lender is working on getting the conditions off, and I appreciate that. But I feel like he keeps asking for the same things that I've already sent him....I shouldn't have to keep sending things UNLESS they have been updated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 02:34 PM

3,805 posts, read 8,673,041 times
How did you choose the lender?

Old 03-25-2014, 02:39 PM

I posted our situation on Trulia and he was one of a few that contacted us. We chose to go with him because the bank he works for does their own lending and does manual underwriters in house, so we figured we'd have a better shot at being approved. It's Flagstar, which I've seen doesn't have the greatest of reviews, but our realtor spoke with her lender and even he said that they are known for closing loans that others aren't able to. I'm just hoping it goes through after all of these headaches and me stressing out!

Old 03-25-2014, 02:42 PM

3,805 posts, read 8,673,041 times
Wow. Flagstar. The Lender of The Beast. I am very sorry for you, and can confirm that you are not crazy, because they suuuuuuuuuuck.

Best of luck to you.

Old 03-25-2014, 02:49 PM

Haha, thanks. I'll be happy if he can make this work for us. My husband is a truck driver, but his previous employer paid him hourly and now he's back over the road and paid by the mile. He is a W2 employee and all expenses are paid by the company, so we were told they could make it work. Now they are just saying that they need to make sure he didn't have any unreimbursed expenses the last two years...at his previous employer...

Old 03-25-2014, 08:55 PM

1,884 posts, read 2,639,201 times
My loan is easy and with Quicken--25+ years same employer, credit score in the 800s, home debt ratio less than 12% of income, etc. The first screener/processer was fine, but the person I have now is awful! I have had to send her things already in the file several times and she asks for things that do not exist (2 monthly statements from a new credit card with NO statement to date)--only a few days since it was issued. And when I fax her things my fax confirmation shows small copies of the images that were faxed but she claims the faxes came out blank, yeah sure. And its the same fax machine used with the previous person who never has an issue with the faxes.

So the loan processer does make a difference. I am debating asking for a different person, but know I am almost done with her and then she will go away.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:58 PM

35,103 posts, read 46,443,483 times
Can you scan the documents into a specific file for them and email them?
That way if they need them again you have everything in one file at the ready or they can always refer back to that particular email if they have not deleted it.
I've done that for a few people, not mortgage related but it still made life easier for me, a few clicks and it was sent and done.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:34 PM

Our lender actually hung up on our realtor today...we are hoping this loan goes through (should find out tomorrow) and then once we close, we'll never have to deal with the actual lender again. He's been very unprofessional, doesn't respond to our emails...ugh.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:36 AM

34,383 posts, read 37,885,511 times
My good friend did a refi with their bank and mortgage holder a few years back. I personally went with her to a branch to fax the same papers to the "loan officer" on multiple occasions. She stood there the last time and wouldn't leave until someone in the branch personally called to make sure they got it. And even THEN they asked for something to be sent again! This was BOA.

My mortgage lender is a regional bank. I've done business with them for almost 30 years, financing and refinancing, and never had a glitch.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:21 AM

4,453 posts, read 6,149,710 times
I work with technology and have seen what goes on behind the scenes at many lenders. It is not the technology. It is the people working with the technology. I've seen the doc management system of the OPs lender, you should only have to send something once. Processors make a huge difference and a processor can make up for a loan officer, but it is hard for a loan office to make up for a processor.

Sometimes with these big lender, you might not have the quality people and get someone new without a lot of time under their belt and unfamiliar with the lenders system. Some of these places just hire people to call and fill out forms without understanding much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages