Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 07:12 PM

77 posts, read 108,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContractorandVetWife View Post
You should be fine as long as you keep in touch with processor, loan Officer and or supervisor. Have your file been sent to underwriter yet?
Nope. And we're back to no contact. Processor said he'd call by afternoon at the latest. It's now 9pm. *sigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 08:03 PM

19 posts, read 32,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farewellohio View Post
Nope. And we're back to no contact. Processor said he'd call by afternoon at the latest. It's now 9pm. *sigh
OMG cant believe they are doing that to you. That's exactly why I stayed on top of everything in the beginning so just in case something like this would come up (NO CONTACT/MOVING SLOW) I can catch it atleast a month before hand. I wish you had more time to change lenders or maybe you do... I really hope it gets better for you the waiting and updating is excruciating

Old 04-30-2015, 07:26 PM

165 posts, read 357,038 times
Quote:
Yeah all we wanted was a status. That should take 5 seconds to send an email. Sheesh. Still afraid we won't be ready to close in 16 days.

These big banks need to get out of the business,

I can close a VA loan in 16 days from application date. They keep giving VA loans a bad rap, its not the loan, its the bank!

Old 05-01-2015, 01:09 PM

Smile update

from Processor:

Hello,

will you please send all paystubs you have received? Thank you!

So far this is all that's needed ...........Hopeful! Prayers sent up!

Old 05-01-2015, 02:57 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,992,974 times
I bought my house through a VA loan using USAA and I couldn't believe how smooth everything went. They did require some strange letters, but whatever. For instance, I took a new job and they wanted confirmation that this wasn't a career change and that it was just a different job. The job titles were different, so I had to write a letter outlining my previous job description and my new job description to show them I was still in the same career field. Secondly, they needed an official school transcript during the time when my wife wasn't working because she was in school. Then they needed a letter outlining why my wife wasn't a teacher. Her degree is in education, but after her internship, she didn't want to teach. She now has an office job making more than what she would have made as a teacher. So, we just needed to outline that in a letter.

As for the normal stuff like pay stubs, bank statements, tax returns, USAA was very quick and prompt with their replies. I was kept in the loop throughout the entire process. From the time we put in an offer to when we closed, was 3 weeks I believe (give or take a few days).

Old 05-01-2015, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I bought my house through a VA loan using USAA and I couldn't believe how smooth everything went. They did require some strange letters, but whatever. For instance, I took a new job and they wanted confirmation that this wasn't a career change and that it was just a different job. The job titles were different, so I had to write a letter outlining my previous job description and my new job description to show them I was still in the same career field. Secondly, they needed an official school transcript during the time when my wife wasn't working because she was in school. Then they needed a letter outlining why my wife wasn't a teacher. Her degree is in education, but after her internship, she didn't want to teach. She now has an office job making more than what she would have made as a teacher. So, we just needed to outline that in a letter.

As for the normal stuff like pay stubs, bank statements, tax returns, USAA was very quick and prompt with their replies. I was kept in the loop throughout the entire process. From the time we put in an offer to when we closed, was 3 weeks I believe (give or take a few days).
I love reading stories like this gives me hope knowing that all is possible!! Thank you for your encouraging post.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:04 PM

Got a new loan processor last night and she's already contacted us half a dozen times today. Answered all our questions and confirmed documentation immediately. Even gave us a timeline she expects final decision. Night and day difference, so just depends on person, not all nfcu is lazy so that makes me feel better.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Got a new loan processor last night and she's already contacted us half a dozen times today. Answered all our questions and confirmed documentation immediately. Even gave us a timeline she expects final decision. Night and day difference, so just depends on person, not all nfcu is lazy so that makes me feel better.
Im so happy for you! I'm glad things are finally looking up! Will be a matter of time and you will be closing!! *prayers sent up*

Old 05-08-2015, 07:59 AM

Still waiting. Found out they don't have hubby's coe yet...isn't that like step 1? I thought they could pull that in a few hours.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Still waiting. Found out they don't have hubby's coe yet...isn't that like step 1? I thought they could pull that in a few hours.

Yep seems like they should have had it along with the disclosure you have to sign....huummm..So far we have met two conditions and have 20 days to close 😩 I tell ya they really take there time on things! 😒
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages