Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2015, 07:41 AM

1 posts, read 602 times

Advertisements

I will likely soon be accepting a new job with a new company in a different part of the US.

I have never applied for a mortgage during a job switch. Will there be any difference in income requirements / verification than in my previous mortgage where I had been employed with one company for an extended period? Do my past W-4s even matter? Will an offer letter with confirmed salary be enough or will I need several months of actual paystubs first?

As background, I have a credit score of 770 and will be paying 40-50% of new home value as a down payment so my mortgage would likely be very low risk from a lending perspective.

Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 09:53 AM

3,804 posts, read 9,319,934 times
Relocation Mortgage has a few requirements.

Are you receiving relocation benefits? I will assume not since you didn't mention it. Are you in the process of selling a house? If it's not sold, you will need to qualify with both payments. Offer letter is a big player. If you are to be bonused, and it is not a guaranteed yearly bonus, then, if and only if you are in a very similar position in the same line of work, the past 2 years' bonus will be averaged. This is not likely, so the guaranteed salary will be used as your gross income. Cannot use Trailing Spouse income. Conventional loans require paystub(s) covering 30 days. FHA allows for just the first paystub, but your DP places you in conventional territory.

Typically, I'd think you'd be in temp housing during the contract period, while working at the new gig, and by the time that 30-45 days of Contract Escrow has passed, you would have recieved paystub(s) covering that first 30 days of employment. The paystub can be added to the file a few days before closing, so you can line everything to sync up with that.

Hope the move goes well!

Old 10-09-2015, 10:07 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,910,099 times
You will be fine. Your down payment and credit score speaks volumes. The typical approval calls for one month's paystubs. With an employment contract, a written employment verification could be used, or, your offer letter and paystubs post closing.

Don't let anyone get you rattled with what they need....that's the difference here, just because they need it, doesn't mean everyone else will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages