Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2016, 01:34 PM

11 posts, read 7,160 times

Advertisements

We want to buy a new home and keep the old one, it is a good rental market and the market also appreciates. The catch is I need to borrow against that equity in that house for down-payment.

Is there a worksheet or something that I can plug my income and other numbers to figure out my maximum home affordability - specifically for this kind of situation -borrowing on/renting out and buying new home ?

What info do I need to gather before I talk to a mortgage broker ?
How will this be sequenced ? Will I need an appraisal of my property - that will need to be done ?
How about rental - does the property need to be rented before ?

I am in a super-hot sellers market and inventory is very tight. I will need to move into an apartment for a few months till we

So finding out what I can afford (each area here has a range) will determine which school we end up sending out child to. We don't want to disrupt school when we do buy.

Last edited by Kaliper123; 08-13-2016 at 02:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages