Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:03 AM

5,342 posts, read 14,142,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
ya know do any of you work for a mortgage company or broker? I do, im a processor and my company does very well. we do not pray on people. never have. the people who started this mess are pretty much closed up... so now us little guys have to suffer due to all of this mess. i hope they dont go bankrupt. do you realize all the little people like myself who gets laid off and possibly loses their house? yes we will be hit big time by this new regulation of hits. we take the hit. we try not to charge our borrowers.
Your company must have some really FAT nets to absorb hits like Fannie is going to be dishing out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 09:31 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,177 times
no actually we dont. that was the whole point of my message. we will be out of work. we were an honest company but because of greedy people who have to have houses across the world. 3 stupid suv's in there driveway.wear $700 suits and keep up with the jones's we get hit. just like home depot and lowes pushed the mom and pop stores out of business small local companies will be closed too. people like me who have excellent credit and good equity in my home will be hit.. a loans will now be bad loans. it makes no sense.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:47 AM

294 posts, read 1,086,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
https://www.efanniemae.com/sf/refmat...llpamatrix.pdf

There are new pricing hits....and it seems that you will need a 740 credit score to avoid most of the hits.

The way to read this is...
(This is an example, and not real rates or scenarios)

If you have the best credit, and a great down payment your rate will be
5% with no points.
If you look at the matrix sheet, and see that 'your' hit will be 0.5%..
This means that you can get the 5% rate...but you will need to pay 0.5% in points OR you can probably take a higher rate with no points.
It maybe 5.125% or 5.25%.

'Your hit' means you will need to apply your credit score on the graph, and down payment.
If i'm reading this right, i will have no points to pay (100% 30 year fixed, score 719)?

Old 03-19-2008, 09:56 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,589,971 times
You mean super mansions, and 50 SUVS...and 10k suits.

The ones who are getting richer are the executives at Fannie & Freddie.
They make millions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
no actually we dont. that was the whole point of my message. we will be out of work. we were an honest company but because of greedy people who have to have houses across the world. 3 stupid suv's in there driveway.wear $700 suits and keep up with the jones's we get hit. just like home depot and lowes pushed the mom and pop stores out of business small local companies will be closed too. people like me who have excellent credit and good equity in my home will be hit.. a loans will now be bad loans. it makes no sense.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:59 AM

it says 0.5% ....not sure if that includes the adverse market delivery fee of 0.25%

The 0.5% doesn't apply to FHA
The 0.25% applies to all loans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlmburns View Post
If i'm reading this right, i will have no points to pay (100% 30 year fixed, score 719)?

Old 03-19-2008, 10:05 AM

294 posts, read 1,086,746 times
Quote:
it says 0.5% ....not sure if that includes the adverse market delivery fee of 0.25%

The 0.5% doesn't apply to FHA
The 0.25% applies to all loans.
Thanks Renriq, I could do with a broker like you in CT, lol.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:14 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Quote:
These are additional fees. It doesn't include the we effed up -- I mean "adverse market" fee.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:15 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
the way I see it, it's bad business for the lenders....fewer mortgages means less money for them. They NEED money now. What a bunch of idiots. I look forward to the day when many of them go bankrupt.
Restoring investor confidence is very important for the lenders and they can throw the sub-prime borrowers against the FHA wall and see what sticks.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:04 AM

1,831 posts, read 5,294,116 times
It's funny ... my husband is a veteran so, we've used VA financing for all of our mortgages.

During the boom, we had realtors and brokers shun us from using the VA because they couldn't rip of us off loading up on fees, etc. (Of course, we used our VA loan anyway).

One realtor flat out told us to leave a property she was showing us ... all because of the VA loan ... it was unbelievable.

Now that credit is so tight ... those same realtors and brokers love the fact that we have VA financing because it's a government guaranteed loan ... and there won't be any problems getting it approved.

My, my ... how times have changed.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:16 AM

that's not what VA guarantee means.
You still need to qualify for VA just like you would with FHA.
With VA it's harder to qualify for than a FHA mortgage.

VA is the only loan that is guaranteed insured when it goes into default.
It doesnt mean that the veteran is 'guaranteed' to received this loan.

A lot of realtors hate VA loans because it is one of the hardest loans to qualify for. They have property guidelines which usually kill the deal.
When applyin for a VA loan, make sure to use someone who is knowledgeable or you will be in for a nice rollercoaster ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri257 View Post
It's funny ... my husband is a veteran so, we've used VA financing for all of our mortgages.

During the boom, we had realtors and brokers shun us from using the VA because they couldn't rip of us off loading up on fees, etc. (Of course, we used our VA loan anyway).

One realtor flat out told us to leave a property she was showing us ... all because of the VA loan ... it was unbelievable.

Now that credit is so tight ... those same realtors and brokers love the fact that we have VA financing because it's a government guaranteed loan ... and there won't be any problems getting it approved.

My, my ... how times have changed.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages