Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 10:18 AM

31 posts, read 273,962 times

Advertisements

Thanks again for the responses. I spoke with DTE this morning and they are removing the delinquent mark. I lucked out and got a friendly rep who also sent me a letter stating the mark would be removed. I forwarded it to my mortgage broker who is having my CR updated.

By the way, my broker ran my credit and information through the AUS with the deliquency on it and it came back 'Accept/Approved'. He said the AUS indicated that the rest of my credit history was stellar and that the single derogatory item didn't make a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,710 times
Can you give me the number you called and rep you spoke with?? I am having the exact same problem right now with DTE Energy!! They brought my score down 48 pts!!

Old 01-01-2009, 01:13 PM

8 posts, read 42,984 times
Default Do I have a reason to be worried

I applied for an FHA loan recently and the closing is at the end of next week. The mortgage company just sent all the information off to the underwriter and I am getting worried that it won't be approved. I have a little over $6000 a monthgross income; have the money for closing (gifts and my own); 747 credit score; work verification has been done, as well has the gift monies. Can anything go wrong?

Old 01-01-2009, 01:15 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,585,075 times
the appraisal

Quote:
Originally Posted by getthepapers View Post
I applied for an FHA loan recently and the closing is at the end of next week. The mortgage company just sent all the information off to the underwriter and I am getting worried that it won't be approved. I have a little over $6000 a monthgross income; have the money for closing (gifts and my own); 747 credit score; work verification has been done, as well has the gift monies. Can anything go wrong?

Old 01-01-2009, 01:36 PM

The appraisal was 9,000 over the loan amount

Old 01-01-2009, 01:41 PM

if it's a purchase then it needs to be appraised at the purchase price
if it's a refinance then it depends

Quote:
The appraisal was 9,000 over the loan amount

Old 01-01-2009, 01:47 PM

I am purchasing the house. What do you mean that it needs to be appraised at the purchase price? I thought that if it was appraised over the amount of the loan that would be better. What do you think?

Last edited by getthepapers; 01-01-2009 at 02:14 PM..

Old 01-01-2009, 02:18 PM

if you're buying it for 100, and the appraisal comes in at 90 then YOU need to bring the difference of 10k

if you're buying it for 100k, and it comes in at 100 then you're ok

Quote:
I am purchasing the house. What do you mean that it needs to be appraised at the purchase price? I thought that if it was appraised over the amount of the loan that would be better. What do you think?

Old 01-01-2009, 02:24 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,908,228 times
On an FHA loan, the home must appraise for the sales price. It is off the sales price or the appraised value (whichever is less) the maximum loan is calculated. If the appraisal is in, let's hope they would have caught it. You are probably fine on that issue.

The questions you want to ask your lender (in these exact words): "Do we have the clear to close? If not, why? When can the loan instructions be released to my attorney or title company so I can get my final HUD I?"

As a consumer, you are entitled to review the final HUD 24 hours prior to closing. All you have to do is say, "I want to review my HUD 24 hours prior to closing." (This is Federal Law). You can waive it, and right now, many, if not most are waiving this right, because the lenders can't get the closing instructions out in time. Many will come back with "okay, we can give you 24 hours notice w/ the final HUD, but we may have to delay closing to make that happen." It comes down to how hard you want to push and how much pressure you want to be at the settlement table. Put it this way, if there is something you don't like on the HUD and the first time you are seeing it is at the closing table and you have 4 pairs of eyes waiting for you to sign, most people sign and keep their mouths quiet. It's up to you.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:28 PM

So it really doesn't matter that it was appraised higher than the loan amount?

Again, do you think there is anything that I should be concerned about? I was required to re-submit some banking information because of cash deposits and parents gifting me part of the downpayment, i.e., their information to insure money was available and copies of canceled checks for the gift money. I have the money (in my account) but a lot came from cash deposits so my parents had to gift part of the downpayment.

I can't think of any other issues and the last comminication I had with the loan consultant was her saying that we are almost there, and she apologized to me that all the documentation was required but because of the industry changes it is now required.

I appreciate your advice and help on this New Years day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages