Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 08:47 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,576,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Playing loopholes to grab "The Great American Dream" is what got us in this mess to begin with.

Yes but now it is our turn to use the loop holes not the Business professional and most of all the BANKS that control this country . also believe me Owning a home today is not "the American Dream " . I don't see the "Dream Jobs" to pay for those homes . They have all gone over seas!!
WAKE UP !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 09:28 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,010,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
So you guys think we should all play the loopholes, not follow the rules, do what is best for us and only us and applaud each other for finding ways to shortcut the system everyone else follows? Out of intellectual curiosity, I have to ask-- what do you think is going to happen when everybody does this? Because if people not in trouble see others finding ways to get breaks, do you not think they're going to want them, too? And if everybody starts working the angles, then nobody will reap the benefits, including those the loophole was designed to help in the first place.

Tristansmommy, I really hope you can find a way out of your dilemma. I admire your perseverance in trying to find a viable solution, and I really wish your bank would work with you. But you are far from the average middle class American. You state that you can comfortably pay $3000 per month in mortgage, plus high LI taxes-- that is far beyond what most Americans can pay. To 95% of the world, you are the "rich." And all rich people aren't snobs, just as all people in mortgage trouble aren't lazy, as you've pointed out. It is, in fact, rich people's tax dollars and philanthropic efforts that enable the poor, lazy and unscrupulous to work the system so effectively.

I am not offering a moral view, but a practical one. If we're all to be excused from morality and ethics, I suspect a lot of people will be quite relieved. After all, helping others has no benefit beyond the "moral"-- it simply takes away from us, and in these inflationary times, our own comfort and retirement is in jeopardy. Doing the right thing isn't easy and it means sacrifices that a lot of people would prefer not to make, but do, because that's the price of living in our society. But if you really want to segregate the classes, I can assure you-- the haves will be all for it. They will simply have more while the have nots will have far less. So before the "nobodys" revolt too much, they might want to take a look at the other two-class systems in Europe and see how that's working out for the little guy. Sometimes, rules really do have a purpose, y'know?
First.. I'm not in anyway suggesting that we all go out and find loopholes to get ahead in life.. that is NOT what I meant..

I'm talking about finding yourself in a terrible situation.. like the one I am in. .and then having to find some way of making it work for you.. and in that essence. I am one that follows the rules.. i truly am. and I believe that that is how you're supposed to go through life..

But you know what.. I'm not in trouble... because I followed the rules.. I did what I was told.. etc. That's not to say that this is someone else's fault.. because I am partly to blame for my own problems.. but you know whta. .I'm tired of following the rules and living life by the rules and getting screwed. Doesn'tmean that I'm now going to go out and find every loophole to get ahead..absolutely not. I am an extremely more nad spiritual person.. BUT..I will do what I need to do to fix my situation and if that means using loopholes for myself for once.. I will.. because thebanks, attorneys what have you will use every loophole they can find to put the screws to me and won't think twice about it!

As for being middleclass.. yes.. i do pay $3000/month for my house.. HOWEVER. and this is VERY important. .middle class should be considered by region. not by one blanket number. I am by no means wealthy. AT ALL.. and what I made on LI really..I'm struggling... seriously. If I were living anywhere else in the country with a different cost of living..then I may fit into that category. .but not here - heck I may be making LESS money someplace else bringing my salary down to the middle income number that the country defines as middle income.. You have to look at the cost of living to income rations to define middle class for any region.. because US is so very diverse. If you compare salaries inplaces a $40K salary would be maybe $25K in the middle parts of the country etc. My house is VERY small, my neighborhood is far from a "rich" neighborhood.. Unfortunately the U.S hasn't come around to recognizing that middle income needs to be defined by region. IT is one of the many reasons there is a mass exodus from LI. because middle class is dissappearing here on LI. We;re being taxed to death.. For example.. the NYS takes something like 8billion in taxes and only returns maybe 5billion or something like that to us for schools, etc. companies charge us MOrefor things here.. because they think we are onebig ATM machine!!

So.. rich to me is someone who can pay their bills and havemoney left over to invest and actually have a savings account, take vacations etc. can pay their tax bill without hurting their lifestyle.. So while I may have made a lot mroe than the middle income in this country. Ialso paid over $700/month in health insurance.. $700/mont in property taxes a lone!! Etc. AND.. I live in a small starter home that cost a fortune.. and probably stretched me way to far and caused me to live on the edge.. just to live the "middle american dream"

As for my resolution of myproblem.. I've stopped paying my mortgage and started paying myself that mortgage (because I can't pay the amount anyway.... and since they refuse to modify.. there is no hope of staying) so that I have money to get the hell outof here.. so that I CAN live like a human being again.. and not scraping for pennies with the amount of stress. In anger I've talked about taking al lthe suff out of my house..but that was in anger. I will leave here smart and have begun working on the next phase of solving my problems that benefit me nad my family.. because the banks don'tcareabout me.. my neighbors don't care abuot me.. and everyone does whatever they need to do for themselves to survive. Im' sick of worrying about eveyrone else an ddoing the right thing only to loose in the end.. this time I'm going to do the right thing for me and my family

And.. Im getting off LI for good..talk about 'loopholes" for people to take advantage of LI is full of politicians and attorneys that have done just that and raped the rest of us hardworking middle income families. Those of us that are wising up are getting the hell out!

Old 05-02-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
First.. I'm not in anyway suggesting that we all go out and find loopholes to get ahead in life.. that is NOT what I meant..

I'm talking about finding yourself in a terrible situation.. like the one I am in. .and then having to find some way of making it work for you.. and in that essence. I am one that follows the rules.. i truly am. and I believe that that is how you're supposed to go through life..

But you know what.. I'm not in trouble... because I followed the rules.. I did what I was told.. etc. That's not to say that this is someone else's fault.. because I am partly to blame for my own problems.. but you know whta. .I'm tired of following the rules and living life by the rules and getting screwed. Doesn'tmean that I'm now going to go out and find every loophole to get ahead..absolutely not. I am an extremely more nad spiritual person.. BUT..I will do what I need to do to fix my situation and if that means using loopholes for myself for once.. I will.. because thebanks, attorneys what have you will use every loophole they can find to put the screws to me and won't think twice about it!

As for being middleclass.. yes.. i do pay $3000/month for my house.. HOWEVER. and this is VERY important. .middle class should be considered by region. not by one blanket number. I am by no means wealthy. AT ALL.. and what I made on LI really..I'm struggling... seriously. If I were living anywhere else in the country with a different cost of living..then I may fit into that category. .but not here - heck I may be making LESS money someplace else bringing my salary down to the middle income number that the country defines as middle income.. You have to look at the cost of living to income rations to define middle class for any region.. because US is so very diverse. If you compare salaries inplaces a $40K salary would be maybe $25K in the middle parts of the country etc. My house is VERY small, my neighborhood is far from a "rich" neighborhood.. Unfortunately the U.S hasn't come around to recognizing that middle income needs to be defined by region. IT is one of the many reasons there is a mass exodus from LI. because middle class is dissappearing here on LI. We;re being taxed to death.. For example.. the NYS takes something like 8billion in taxes and only returns maybe 5billion or something like that to us for schools, etc. companies charge us MOrefor things here.. because they think we are onebig ATM machine!!

So.. rich to me is someone who can pay their bills and havemoney left over to invest and actually have a savings account, take vacations etc. can pay their tax bill without hurting their lifestyle.. So while I may have made a lot mroe than the middle income in this country. Ialso paid over $700/month in health insurance.. $700/mont in property taxes a lone!! Etc. AND.. I live in a small starter home that cost a fortune.. and probably stretched me way to far and caused me to live on the edge.. just to live the "middle american dream"

As for my resolution of myproblem.. I've stopped paying my mortgage and started paying myself that mortgage (because I can't pay the amount anyway.... and since they refuse to modify.. there is no hope of staying) so that I have money to get the hell outof here.. so that I CAN live like a human being again.. and not scraping for pennies with the amount of stress. In anger I've talked about taking al lthe suff out of my house..but that was in anger. I will leave here smart and have begun working on the next phase of solving my problems that benefit me nad my family.. because the banks don'tcareabout me.. my neighbors don't care abuot me.. and everyone does whatever they need to do for themselves to survive. Im' sick of worrying about eveyrone else an ddoing the right thing only to loose in the end.. this time I'm going to do the right thing for me and my family

And.. Im getting off LI for good..talk about 'loopholes" for people to take advantage of LI is full of politicians and attorneys that have done just that and raped the rest of us hardworking middle income families. Those of us that are wising up are getting the hell out!
****Good morn. glad to here that you have as least stopped feeding the dead horse??? and are holding on to what you can. Now if you would only do the UCC-1. you would see that they may even PAY you to stay for a while and protect their house > Laugh all you want . But that is what is happening in So California as i speak > see there is help out there . And best of all your default doesn't go on your record .? WHY you ask .?Because you in the drivers seat now, they want you to stay and protect then you make the rules . Now lets see the responce from the non-believers! ****PS as i said before i don't charge for my help . OOOOO nothing and those that say nothing is free. watch me prove them WRONG. good luck anyway.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
****Good morn. glad to here that you have as least stopped feeding the dead horse??? and are holding on to what you can. Now if you would only do the UCC-1. you would see that they may even PAY you to stay for a while and protect their house > Laugh all you want . But that is what is happening in So California as i speak > see there is help out there . And best of all your default doesn't go on your record .? WHY you ask .?Because you in the drivers seat now, they want you to stay and protect then you make the rules . Now lets see the responce from the non-believers! ****PS as i said before i don't charge for my help . OOOOO nothing and those that say nothing is free. watch me prove them WRONG. good luck anyway.
Then just post all the gory details here in a public forum if it's such a good deal.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Then just post all the gory details here in a public forum if it's such a good deal.
Where have you been? check some of the other sites re; Mtg. problems , i have been posting for a week now. do your home work ,nothing is just ask and you wil recieve !!

Old 05-02-2008, 01:24 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,658,282 times
Fighter 1, do you also post on the craigslist forums

Old 05-02-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Fighter 1, do you also post on the craigslist forums
No , I haven't had the time.and i will be going out of town for a few days on business. Why do you ask?

Old 05-02-2008, 09:52 PM

Default Just a thougt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
Just a thought . Had you filed the UCC-1 when i first responded to your post. ( To which i would have paid your expences involved in doing that ) by next Friday you would have had it in place ready to file it in your County Recorders office where it would be inforce 24hr. later.Just in case you don't understand .
I not only give you this information FREE . For many I also pay the fee's to make this happen . ( you can say this is too good to be true ) But it is and before you ask how can i do this ? Let me just say that after fighting a law suit against a So. Calif. City for 3 1/2 yrs pro-per and winning a sizeable amount of money , I find it rewarding to teach others to Fight as i did .if you really want to win . Still wating for your responce to my direct message ?

Old 05-03-2008, 04:57 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times
The old saying: If you owe the bank $1000 and cannot pay, YOU have got a problem! If you owe the bank $10 million and can't pay THE BANK has a problem!

Old 05-03-2008, 07:45 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,934,712 times
Fighter,

Are you part of, or a proponant of the theories espoused by, one of these groups that feels we also don't have any obligation to pay income taxes? That the US Government is really a sham, a private corporation that sees the citizens of the US as "enemies"? That the govermnent officials we elect aren't really seated in the government of the nation or state, but in the corporate entities that represent those states?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages