Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2020, 09:34 PM

3,981 posts, read 6,736,789 times

Advertisements

My loan office got back to me today with not so great news. In order to qualify for a 350k loan I would have to pay off my current home entirely as well as my vehicle. They said future rental income would have to be demonstrated over a 12 month period for it to count towards my new loan. Of course I live in the house now so this is not possible unless we went into a rental for a year. The ironic thing is my equity is along the lines of $470k (550k - 80k still outstanding). There are no other loans on the property; my credit score they pulled was 750 (FICO score was higher); and my DTI is less than 30%. I guess my income was the weak part at less than 80k.

My goal was to buy a new house and rent this one out. After the original is paid off in 7 years then build a granny flat on the back of the property and rent both out. Between banks, credit unions, and independent lenders which would have the best options for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2020, 07:20 AM

6,341 posts, read 4,903,282 times
Quote:
Between banks, credit unions, and independent lenders which would have the best options for me?

Whichever one is willing to lend you $350,000 without paying off your house and car.

Lenders are being very careful with the uncertainty of the Covid19 virus putting people out of work.

I suggest you postpone your dreams of being a landlord until the virus crisis and the economy is back to normal for a while.

Old 07-18-2020, 07:41 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadgnome View Post
My loan office got back to me today with not so great news. In order to qualify for a 350k loan I would have to pay off my current home entirely as well as my vehicle. They said future rental income would have to be demonstrated over a 12 month period for it to count towards my new loan. Of course I live in the house now so this is not possible unless we went into a rental for a year. The ironic thing is my equity is along the lines of $470k (550k - 80k still outstanding). There are no other loans on the property; my credit score they pulled was 750 (FICO score was higher); and my DTI is less than 30%. I guess my income was the weak part at less than 80k.

My goal was to buy a new house and rent this one out. After the original is paid off in 7 years then build a granny flat on the back of the property and rent both out. Between banks, credit unions, and independent lenders which would have the best options for me?
What type of loan ? I’m looking for some investment properties in the Austin area in a few months . How much are you putting down ? What percent are they asking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages