Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 05:34 PM

4 posts, read 9,810 times

Advertisements

My account is not impounded...was behind 3yrs. in property taxes...received zero threatening notices from the county...never late on my mtg. payments...this is not an equity line of credit either, so why did my Mtg. Co. pay the entire amount owed. I realize the unique situation we are in, and the mtg. co. I'm sure is trying to protect their interest and keep me in the house, but I did not give them approval. It's been 2 weeks so far, have not received any notice from them regarding this. Just curious with 2 questions; Can they legally do this, without my approval and no impound? If it is legal, what is most likely to happen next?

ty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 06:06 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,544,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetr08 View Post
My account is not impounded...was behind 3yrs. in property taxes...received zero threatening notices from the county...never late on my mtg. payments...this is not an equity line of credit either, so why did my Mtg. Co. pay the entire amount owed. I realize the unique situation we are in, and the mtg. co. I'm sure is trying to protect their interest and keep me in the house, but I did not give them approval. It's been 2 weeks so far, have not received any notice from them regarding this. Just curious with 2 questions; Can they legally do this, without my approval and no impound? If it is legal, what is most likely to happen next?

ty
Have no illusions. They didn't do it because they want to keep you in the house. They did it so your house wouldn't be sold as a tax sale. Once the house is sold as a tax sale they have little to no chance of getting their investment back.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:09 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,287,224 times
They will add the amount to your mortgage. You will probably find that you agreed to it when you signed your mortgage.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:07 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,007 times
remember that THEY own the house.

Ppl fail to realize that your actual ownership is a lot less than the bank.

You put 10% at closing....you only OWN 10%.
Of course the time changes, and your value increases, but not in this market.

You're lucky the county didnt foreclose your home.
They get paid first before anyone does.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
The house belongs to the bank, not you as long as you owe the bank.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:23 PM

They also make you sign a form that states that you will be current with homeowners insurance and property taxes. If you dont pay your homeowner's....they'll find you one. It's usually 2-3 times higher than the normal price

Old 04-30-2008, 07:39 PM

Appreciate the responses, very helpful. However, I am aware of the Mtg. Co. posistion with my home, just found their action highly unusual, or I should say, I haven't heard of it before. Guess I'll just have to wait for my statement or a correspondence from the Co. to see which way they are going with this. Although, I have also heard the same as jimhcom's response, about adding to the existing principle...I can handle that. Anymore responses are definitely welcome....ty again!

Old 04-30-2008, 07:41 PM

you dont hear of it because you dont hear of ppl not paying the property taxes.

i would read your loan documents

Old 04-30-2008, 08:28 PM

so renriq, do you think the Co. will just add it to the principle?

Old 04-30-2008, 09:15 PM

they will probably send you an invoice first, and give you 30days to respond.
I REALLY doubt they will add it to the principal....they'll probably just raise your mortgage payments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetr08 View Post
so renriq, do you think the Co. will just add it to the principle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages