Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2020, 07:27 AM

149 posts, read 99,832 times

Advertisements

do i need to source my funds if i use hard money lending?
also when a listing says cash only. can i use hard money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2020, 05:49 PM

3,607 posts, read 7,916,530 times
A cash-only seller wants to be convinced that you actually have the money. You get to figure out how to do that.

Old 11-29-2020, 06:40 AM

43,269 posts, read 77,063,738 times
"Cash Only" usually requires proof of funds in hand when making your offer.
Can you get the hard money prior to contract? I assume not.

Old 11-29-2020, 02:19 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,953,866 times
Pardon my ignorance. I know the basic of what a hard-money is but where does one go to get a hard-money loan?

It just seems like I watched too many mafia movies thinking if I missed a payment on a hard-money loan someone named Guido, with black shirt, white tie, and a hat will come and break my legs.

Old 11-29-2020, 06:46 PM

492 posts, read 486,745 times
In my limited one time experience:

There are certain big investor individuals who are hard money lenders. You will need to talk around with your agent or mortgage loan officer friends if any to get connected.

I happened to talk to a hard money lender recently. I was discussing with my agent friend of how I was experiencing difficulty in securing financing for my home purchase and she suggested a hard money lender in CT.

I was also very curious and wanted to know how it works so after thinking over it over 5 days, I finally gave him a call.

I was told that generally he doesn't lend for primary home unless I put down 20% (I thought if I had the 20% to put down then why shouldn't I get the loan form bank, but it is mainly meant for persons who have very poor credit issues that they are unable to get loan from bank). He lends for investment properties with the property mortgaged to the lender and with a 10% interest on money lended and for a fixed term for few months when it is expected that the investor buying the property will renovate and sell the property and return the loan. To me, it seems hard money is an option for experienced investor who has the confidence and back up for paying the interest on time. Not sure about breaking legs but they have the note for your home and can easily and legally take possession of the house.

Old 11-29-2020, 10:08 PM

661 posts, read 832,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyaxe View Post
do i need to source my funds if i use hard money lending?
also when a listing says cash only. can i use hard money?
In most cases yes, cash or equivalent where they will not scrutinize the condition of the home. Hard money loan do require larger down payments, usually at least 50% down.

Old 12-02-2020, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,064 times
Talk to a local Hard Money Lender or at least a Hard money lender that has a consultant with boots on the ground in the market. Hard money is a great option to get quick funds, but you as the borrower will still need some cash on hand to close on the property. Happy to chat more if you wish.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:36 PM

494 posts, read 501,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Pardon my ignorance. I know the basic of what a hard-money is but where does one go to get a hard-money loan?

It just seems like I watched too many mafia movies thinking if I missed a payment on a hard-money loan someone named Guido, with black shirt, white tie, and a hat will come and break my legs.
Here's one, https://www.aafundcorp.com/, located in AZ that sends me emails all the time

Old 01-27-2021, 04:42 AM

190 posts, read 152,660 times
Most listings that say cash only will allow you to use a hard money lender. They will want a proof of funds from a credible source. Or you probably will have to put the entire payment into escrow until the deal is complete.

Old 01-27-2021, 05:02 AM

43,269 posts, read 77,063,738 times
"Hard Money?"

Focus on "Hard." It is more relevant than "Money."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages