Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2021, 02:48 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,987,721 times

Advertisements

After tax season. Looking to add a 3rd investment property to my portfolio this year. I did a cash our refi last year...

Looking to raise some more funds to buy another property this year. Is this feasible?

Thank You in advanced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2021, 08:40 AM

6,341 posts, read 4,903,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Looking to raise some more funds to buy another property this year. Is this feasible?
Of course, it's "feasible." Is that really what you wanted to ask?

Old 01-30-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Of course, it's "feasible." Is that really what you wanted to ask?
Well yeah , the reason I’m asking is For some reason, I thought my loan officer mentioned that I couldn’t do it . We had the convo last year but apparently I may have not remembered the context .

Old 01-30-2021, 03:10 PM

383 posts, read 384,500 times
With rates so low, you might also want to consider a cash out fixed rate refi.

Old 01-30-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoanChic View Post
With rates so low, you might also want to consider a cash out fixed rate refi.
I just did that last year ... wondering if I could heloc the rest of the equity ...

Old 01-31-2021, 12:37 PM

1,782 posts, read 1,553,691 times
You're spreading your self too thin if you can't come up with a down payment for another rental property assuming you are taking out a mortgage for the rental property. House prices are at bubble levels so one misstep and it's 2008 all over again.

Quote:
I just did that last year ... wondering if I could heloc the rest of the equity ...

Old 02-01-2021, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ondoner View Post
You're spreading your self too thin if you can't come up with a down payment for another rental property assuming you are taking out a mortgage for the rental property. House prices are at bubble levels so one misstep and it's 2008 all over again.
Thin ? I have the money in the bank . Why would I use my own cash when I can use the banks cash ? I make plenty of money and own my own company . I have a all cash sale offered to me for a property that is worth well over 50k the asking price . I have no car payments own my own company and have a salary of over 300k a year . I’m pretty sure I can afford this one lol . Plus this is in the Texas market multi family . Prices are not going down here anytime soon . Bubble or not . You cant find anything here . According to my understanding using credit as leverage is your best thing. Inflation will be hitting hard the end of these year and I choose to invest in assets and commodities at this time.

Last edited by Jimmyp25; 02-01-2021 at 07:05 AM..

Old 02-01-2021, 08:09 PM

1,782 posts, read 1,553,691 times
You're not making sense. Why not take a regular mortgage? Or pay cash for the property and take out the equity with a HELOC.

Quote:
Thin ? I have the money in the bank . Why would I use my own cash when I can use the banks cash ? I make plenty of money and own my own company . I have a all cash sale offered to me for a property that is worth well over 50k the asking price . I have no car payments own my own company and have a salary of over 300k a year . I’m pretty sure I can afford this one lol . Plus this is in the Texas market multi family . Prices are not going down here anytime soon . Bubble or not . You cant find anything here . According to my understanding using credit as leverage is your best thing. Inflation will be hitting hard the end of these year and I choose to invest in assets and commodities at this time.

Old 02-02-2021, 09:35 AM

6,341 posts, read 4,903,282 times
Quote:

That would be up to a lender. Call around and ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages