Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 01:46 PM

3 posts, read 27,951 times

Advertisements

We received an approval on April 15th (a process with has taken 2 1/2 months) An appraisal was ordered and completed a week later (after repairs were made) I was told by the lender that it would take 48 to 72 hrs after the conditions and appraisal was submitted to get a closing date. Paperwork was submitted last Thursday. Here it is Thursday again, and still no word. I call everyday, and all I get is "I havent heard anything yet" I just cant understand what is taking so long.
Can someone please tell me.....Does being approved mean we will definitely be closing on this house, and if so is it just a matter of when?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 01:57 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,586,374 times
it doesnt mean you will be closing.

once you receive a CTC - clear to close..then you will be good

Old 05-01-2008, 02:12 PM

5,341 posts, read 14,137,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandycady View Post
We received an approval on April 15th (a process with has taken 2 1/2 months) An appraisal was ordered and completed a week later (after repairs were made) I was told by the lender that it would take 48 to 72 hrs after the conditions and appraisal was submitted to get a closing date. Paperwork was submitted last Thursday. Here it is Thursday again, and still no word. I call everyday, and all I get is "I havent heard anything yet" I just cant understand what is taking so long.
Can someone please tell me.....Does being approved mean we will definitely be closing on this house, and if so is it just a matter of when?
The lender I use most often is way backed up in underwriting these days. I just got a file approved today that I submitted last Monday.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:13 PM

5,341 posts, read 14,137,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
it doesnt mean you will be closing.

once you receive a CTC - clear to close..then you will be good
Ren is right. You are not fully approved until those conditions are cleared.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:20 PM

76 posts, read 363,943 times
Default Wow,....

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandycady View Post
I'm sitting here going through the exact same thing. I gave them all my paper work (paystubs, W-2's, bank statements etc.) for a second time on April 18th and I still haven't heard anything. My husband says no news is good news. We are waiting for a final approval and a closing date. The house will be finished in two weeks. I've been calling every other day and no word. I get the same thing, "Haven't heard anything yet". The wait is driving me nuts!!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 02:21 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,586,374 times
pm me i'll tell you who does them faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
The lender I use most often is way backed up in underwriting these days. I just got a file approved today that I submitted last Monday.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:48 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by micheleroll View Post
I'm sitting here going through the exact same thing. I gave them all my paper work (paystubs, W-2's, bank statements etc.) for a second time on April 18th and I still haven't heard anything. My husband says no news is good news. We are waiting for a final approval and a closing date. The house will be finished in two weeks. I've been calling every other day and no word. I get the same thing, "Haven't heard anything yet". The wait is driving me nuts!!!!
I just went through the process FOUR times on the same house recently. Its taking underwriting forever to clear loans to close.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Banks have done a 360..from not looking at any paperwork and blindly approving to checking everything 2-3 times.

It's not your fault..it's the bank's for getting themselves into trouble.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's not your fault..it's the bank's for getting themselves into trouble.
Actually its the governments fault. Soon as banks discovered that they can borrow funds from the govt at x%, and then loan out at y%, profiting from the spread, they stopped worrying about who they were lending to, it wasnt their money.

It used to be the banks that loaned their own money for properties, (they still often do for commercial properties) but now, they are loaning government money for residential properties, (i.e. tax money) and the money just flows!!!

Old 05-05-2008, 10:28 AM

275 posts, read 1,545,127 times
Default Been there

Try to be patient (I know...impossible to do) but we've just been through this. As previous posters already mentioned, it's taking longer to get that final ok. It could be that they are backed up and/or they are ironing out the requirements. I know it's a pain because you just want to know but, you are not alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages