Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2008, 05:30 PM

13 posts, read 44,966 times

Advertisements

Is there a service that will allow me to watch all three scores with out using three different services? It appears that myfico offers a service that "watches" only equifax even though you can purchase the other scores/reports on a one time bases.

I would like to use a service that I can use to monitor all three scores when I want w/out hurting my credit each time I look.

Thanks
JW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 05:42 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
that would be a good service.

Just an FYI...

When you look into your credit score it will not lower your score. This is called a soft pull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinRinBreeze View Post
Is there a service that will allow me to watch all three scores with out using three different services? It appears that myfico offers a service that "watches" only equifax even though you can purchase the other scores/reports on a one time bases.

I would like to use a service that I can use to monitor all three scores when I want w/out hurting my credit each time I look.

Thanks
JW

Old 05-04-2008, 02:44 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,055,498 times
Equifax offers all three scores I am pretty sure... I would try their website...

Old 05-04-2008, 04:42 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,339,621 times
Equifax, Truecredit, and others owned by the credit bureaus WILL let you monitor all three of your credit REPORTS, but NOT the FICO scores! The scores they provide on those sites are useless in the real world. FICO scores are the only ones that a VAST majority of lenders (including almost all mortgage lenders) use.

Unfortunately the OP is right...as we sit today, the only FICO that can be "passively" monitoring with Scorewatch is Equifax...the other two must be purchased from MyFico.com occassionally....make sure you do a google search for "Myfico discount codes" and save up to 25%. There are many sites that lists these discount codes all the time...

Old 05-24-2008, 02:31 PM

73 posts, read 250,813 times
Your scores are low for a reason -- you need credit and liability management consultation and advice -- most of this is available online in a myriad of places, but there are services that provide credit reports, scores, personal consultation, and methods for improving your financial security.

If you genuinely feel that that now is not the time to build your home, and you want to wait unti your credit stance is stronger, do so. However, your income and history say otnherwise to me -- I'd move forward. The costs will only be larger in the future, but your equity will likely be greater if you begin now.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:50 PM

121 posts, read 410,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinRinBreeze View Post

Thanks
JW
I use TrueCredit. While the scores are not as accurate as myFico, it tells me if my scores go up or down, and if there are any changes to my credit history. You can pull a report every 24 hours.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:12 PM

73 posts, read 250,813 times
Sounds great -- it's brought to you by TRANSUNION, one of the big three. It's double the price of ApprovalGUARD; it has the benefit of both unlimited scoring and notification, though -- I still prefer a service that will discuss your credit with you and pre-qualifiy you for the best available rates and the largest loan amounts.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:38 PM

110 posts, read 502,274 times
I used Truecredit as well. I find that the scores on True credit are lower than actual Fico scores with TU being the closest to true. They have alerts that are usually 1 day after whatever is posted. Although the layout is clean, I find that they omit some information. You cannot see your soft (self pulls, account reviews or promotional inquiries).

D.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:24 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,263,769 times
I have an online service through my bank, Bank Of America, that will allow me to look at all three scores. They aren't exactly up to the minute but they also allow you to know when someone has pulled your credit or started a new account under your name. You'll get an email alert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages