Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 10:46 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,018,321 times

Advertisements

In the process of a USDA situation, was approved 3 days ago. Our broker stated the minimum to qualify was 620. Underwriting wanted to see 3 accounts in good standing, no bad debt in the past 2 yrs, 2 yrs of solid employment and verifiable residency that can act as references. Then, of course, the typical requirements of no other mortgages, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 06:51 PM

741 posts, read 3,510,097 times
We put a house under contract a little more then 3 weeks ago and we are closing with a USDA "guaranteed" loan this Tuesday. By far the easiest mortgage process we have ever gone through. This is our first USDA loan. We have gone conventional and FHA on past homes we purchased but this is the sweetest. We did not get usda pre-approval before we found our house. In fact, we didn't even know there was a usda home loan. The mortgage guy brought it up and said lets look to see if the property qualifies.. And it did.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:16 PM

10 posts, read 22,602 times
Question do you have to purchase a house in the USDA eligable area in order to use get the loan I am getting mixed answers.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:47 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,018,321 times
Congrats, NC little foot!

Mesha, yes. Home has to be located in a USDA approved area and the property has to be approved by USDA to qualify for the loan. However, you can get preapproved for a USDA loan and then find a property, but it will still have to meet approval criteria.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:08 PM

2 posts, read 7,860 times
i applied for a usda loan recently i recieved a letter stating they need more paper work from us and also the letter stated that we may not qualify for the loan because it didnt look like we were going to qualify but we might they werent sure. my question is me and my husband really want to buy our own home matter of fact we do have a ranch in mind that we really want is there any other place i could apply for help to purchase our dream home?

Old 05-02-2012, 12:29 PM

2 posts, read 7,860 times
well yes the home is located in a usda approval area. but my question is if i do not qualify for the usda loan is there any other possible place that would approve us for the loan ok im sorry i put that wrong is there any other place i could apply that we may have a better chance of getting approved?

Old 08-25-2012, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 3,527 times
We have applied for a usda loan and the last thing we have heard is that they have scheduled a appraisel. Does anyone know how close that is? This is our first home and we don't really understand alot of things about this.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,338 times
My husband and I are applying for a USDA Loan we were pre approved by lender and he said he will get us a contract to go over with the home owner, what comes next? How long does it usually take to go from applying to closing usually? If it helps we live in Kansas

Old 01-24-2014, 01:41 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,336,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJo View Post
My husband and I are applying for a USDA Loan we were pre approved by lender and he said he will get us a contract to go over with the home owner, what comes next? How long does it usually take to go from applying to closing usually? If it helps we live in Kansas
There are some things in your post that do not make sense. Why would a lender be giving you a contract to go over with the seller? The seller does not need to see the terms of your loan. What contract are you referencing? Do you have a real estate agent?

Are you sure you are pre-approved or do you mean pre-qualified? If you are pre-qualified, your loan has not officially been sent out yet for approval. The time is takes will vary depending upon the local office, appraisers, etc. I would count on 45 days. It could be less.

Do you actually have a contract to purchase a home?

Old 11-11-2014, 01:29 AM

932 posts, read 898,566 times
How do or where do I apply to get approved for a USDA loan in tennesee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages